Introduction to 10000 Layer Farming Project Report
The following is all about the 10000 Layer Farming Project of commercial poultry farming business.
What is layer poultry farming? well, It is nothing but raising egg-laying chickens for the purpose of commercial egg production. Layer poultry birds should be raised from when they are 1 day old. These birds start laying eggs from 6 to 7 months of age. They remain to lay eggs continuously till their 6 to 7 months of age. They usually consume a feed of 2 to 2.5 kg per day during commercial egg-laying production. They produce 1 kg of eggs daily. There are many types of highly egg-productive layer breed hens available throughout the world. There are two categories of layer poultry birds, one is white egg-laying hens and another one is a brown egg-laying hen. Layer hens selection, vaccination, proper and secured poultry house, feed management layer bird management practices play a major role in the commercial layer poultry farming project. Profits in layer poultry farming projects vary from region to region. As the egg is nutritious and egg consumption is increasing rapidly along with the world population hence one can properly plan for commercial layer poultry farming for a profitable business.
Here, in this article find the model/sample project report for 10,000 layer poultry farming. Please understand that these figures mentioned in this layer farming project report may change from time to time and area to area. This is just to understand and have a basic idea of cost and profits in a commercial layer poultry farming project.
Investment Analysis of 10000 layer farming project
Fixed and Non-Recurring Analysis for 10000 layer farming project:
Particulars Required for 10000 layer farming project
- Requirements and Rate for Land = Owned
Cost of Land = 3 to 4 lakhs.
- Shed Construction for 10000 layer farming project
- Layer House.
- Cost of the House:
Requirement and Rate for House = 8500Sft.@ Rs.60/ per square feet.
Cost for House = 5,10,000.
- Cost of the cages:
Requirement and Rate for cage = Rs.46/ Bird.
Cost for cage = Rs 4,60,000.
- Brooder/Grower House for 10000 layer farming project.
- Requirements and rate for Brooder/Grower House = 6,000 Sft@Rs.55/Per s.ft.
- Cost for Brooder/Grower House = Rs 3,30,000.
- Equipment and Material required for 10000 layer farming project
- Brooder/Grower House (150 birds).
Requirement and rate for Brooder/Grower House =70 No.s @ Rs.500 each.
Cost for Brooder/Grower House = Rs 35,000.
- Chick Guards.
Requirement and rate for Chick Guards = 700 Pieces @ Rs. 15 each.
Cost for Chick Guards = 10,500.
- Wheel Barrows:
Requirement and rate for Wheel Barrows=300 No.s @ Rs. 32 each.
Cost for Wheel Barrows = Rs 9,600.
- Waterers for chicks:
Requirement and rate for Waterers for chicks =300 No. s @ Rs.25 each.
Cost for Waterers for chicks = 7,500.
- Grower feeders:
Requirement and rate for Grower feeders =300 No.s Rs.64 each.
Cost for Grower feeders = Rs19,200.
- Grower Waterers:
Requirement and rate for Grower Waterers = 300 No.s @ Rs. 42 each.
Cost for 10000 Grower Waterers = Rs 12,600.
- Water through type:
Requirement and rate for Water through type = 300 No.s @ Rs. 80 each.
Cost for Water through type = Rs 24,000.
- Debeaker :
Requirement and rate for Debeaker = 1 No. @ Rs. 2,000.
Cost for Debeaker = Rs 2000.
- Wheel Barrows:
Requirement and rate for Wheel Barrows =1 No. @ Rs. 3,000.
Cost for Wheel Barrows = Rs 3000.
- Blow fame:
Requirement and rate forBlow fame = 1 No. @ Rs. 3,000.
Cost for Blow fame = Rs 3,000.
- Water pressure cleaner:
Requirement and rate for Water pressure cleaner =1 No. @ Rs. 5,000.
Cost for Water pressure cleaner= Rs 5,000.
- Wheel Barrows:
Requirement and rate for Wheel Barrows=1 No. @ Rs. 1,000.
Cost for Wheel Barrows = Rs 1,000.
Total: Land + Shed Construction + Brooder / Grower House+ Layer House+ Equipment: 14,34,400.
Recurring Expenditure Analysis For 10000-Layer Poultry Layer Unit:
Particular Required for 10000-Layer Poultry Layer Unit:
- Cost of the chicks for 10000 layer farming project
Requirements and rate for the chicks=Rs 15/chick.
Cost of the chicks = Rs 1,50,000.
- Miscellaneous / Electricity for 10000-Layer Poultry Layer Unit:
Requirements and rate for Miscellaneous / Electricity= Rs.10,000/ Month.
Cost of Miscellaneous / Electricity = Rs 1,80,000.
- Cost of Feeding for 10000-Layer Poultry Farm:
- Chick Phase:
Requirements and rate for chick phase= 1.8 Kg/chick, 1.8 x 10,000 =18,000 Rs.8.5/Kg, 18,000 x 8.5.
Cost of chick phase = Rs 1,53,000.
- Grower Phase(4% mortality/death rate):
Requirements and rate for Grower Phase = 5.5 Kg/bird, 5.5 x 9,600=52800 ;Rs.7.0/ Kg, 52,800 x 7.0.
Cost of Grower Phase = Rs 3,69,600.
- Layer Phase:
Requirements and rate for layer phase = 40 Kg/bird, 40X9200 = 36800 ; Rs.7.0/Kg, 368000X7.5.
Cost of Layer phase = Rs 27,60,000.
- Cost of Vaccination and Medication for 10000 Layer Farming Project:
Requirements and rate for Vaccination and Medication = Rs. 5/ bird.
Cost for Vaccination and Medication = Rs 50,000.
- Cost of the Labor (3 persons for 18 months) for 10000 Layer Farming Project :
Requirements and rate for Labor = Rs.2000 / Month = 3 x 18 x 2000.
Total cost for labor = Rs 1,08,000.
Total: Cost of the chicks + Miscellaneous / Electricity + Cost of Feeding + Cost of Vaccination and Medication + Cost of the labor= 37,40,600.
Income Analysis for 10000 Layer Farming Project :
Particulars required Layer Poultry Unit:
- Sale of eggs (290 eggs/ bird) Hen housed basis for 10000 Layer Farming Project :
Quantity and Rate for Sale of eggs = 29,00,0000 x 1.08.
Amount for Sale of Eggs = Rs 31,32,000.
- Sale of Spent hens for 10000-Layer Poultry Unit:
Quantity and Rate for Sale of spent hens = Rs. 30/bird.
Amount for Sale of Eggs = Rs 2,64,000.
- Sale of Manure for 10000 Layer Poultry Unit:
Quantity and Rate for Sale of Manure = Rs. 90 bird 10,000 x 90.
Amount for Sale of Manure = Rs 9,00,000.
- Sale of Gunnies for 10000-Layer Poultry Unit:
Quantity and Rate for Sale of Manure = Rs. 90 per bird = 10,000 x 90.
Amount for Sale of Manure = Rs 9,00,000.
Total income = Sale of eggs + Sale of spent hens + Sale of Manure + Sale of Gunnies = Rs 43,66,000.
Gross profit = Rs 6,25,400.
Depreciation Analysis for 10000 Layer Farming Project :
- One Building and cages for 10000-Layer Poultry Farm:
- Quantity and Rate for building and cages = 5%.
- The amount for Buildings and cages = 65,000.
- On equipment for 10000 Layer Farming Project
- Quantity and Rate for Equipment’s = 10%.
- Amount for Equipment = 13,440.
- Interest for 10000 Layer Farming Project:
- Quantity and Rate of Interest = 12%.
- Amount for Equipment = Rs 2,76,000.
Sub Total ( DEP+INT) = On buildings and cages + On equipment’s = Rs 3,54,440.
Subtotal( RE) = Rs 37,40,600
Total expenditure for 10000 Layer Poultry Unit= Rs 40,95,040.
10,000 Layer Farming Project
- Total income = Rs 43,66,000.
- Total Expenditure = Rs 40,95,040.
- Net Profit = Rs 2,70,960.
- Net Profit / Month = Rs 15,053.
- Net profit / bird = Rs 2.71.
Total Input ( RE + Depreciation) :
Amount = Rs 38,19,040.
Fixed Income for 10000-Layer Poultry Unit:
Amount = Rs 12,34,000
Total= Total Input+ fixed income = Rs 25,85,040.
Breakeven point For 10000-Layer poultry Unit:( If the rate varies the profit varies accordingly):
Quantity and rate = Expenditure / No of eggs = 2585040/2900 000 = 0.89.
Read about Mud Crab Fattening.
Bottom Line: The commercial Layer Poultry Farming Business is a proven profitable business.
In case if you are interested in this: How To Grow Organic Lettuce.
- 10 Best Tractor Mounted Hedge Cutters in India: Top Small Tractor-Mounted Hedge Trimmers
- How to Earn Good Profits with Gulkhaira Cultivation: High-Yield Medicinal Plant
- Cultivating Plants in Recycled Plastic Bottles and Containers: New Art of Sustainable Gardening Practices
- Maximizing Health and Productivity with Precision Nutrition Strategies for Poultry Farming
- Implementing Technology in Cattle Farming: Automation and Digital Solutions
- How to Control Pests and Diseases in Mushrooms: Best Way to Manage with Natural and Organic Remedies
- Leaf Spot Management in Plants: Causes, Symptoms, and How to Treat With Natural and Organic Remedies
- How to Control Common Plant Fungal Diseases: Homemade Natural and Organic Remedies for Fungal Diseases
- How to Control Common Plant Pests: Homemade Natural and Organic Remedies to Prevent Plant Bugs
- Tailoring DIY Vegetable Plants Fertilizers to Different Growth Phases
- Government Subsidy for Oil Palm Crops in India: State-wise Oil Palm Cultivation Subsidies
- Unlocking the Potential of Organic Pig Farming: Sustainable and Profitable
- 14 Natural Ways to Treat Fruit Rot: Organic Homemade Recipes for Preventing Fruit Rot
- Agriculture Profit Margin in India: Exploring and Analyzing Crop Farming Profits in India
- Berseem Forage Cultivation: Best Fodder Farming for Livestock
- Turkey Farming Business Plan: Cost and Profit Analysis
- Easy Homemade Recipes for Garden Plants: Natural and Organic Fertilizer for Vegetables, Flowers, and Houseplants
- Integrated Pest Management for Greenhouse Crops: IPM Strategies for Greenhouse Plants
- Integrated Pest Management in Landscaping: IPM Strategies for Sustainable Landscaping
- Homemade Soap-Based Insecticides for Garden Pest Control
- Government Subsidy for Flower Crops in India: How to Avail up to 40-60% under MIDH Scheme
- Government Subsidy for Fruit Crops in India: How to Avail up to 40-60% under MIDH
- Government Subsidy for Vegetable Crops in India: How to Avail up to 40–60% under MIDH Scheme
- Climate-Resilient Crop Varieties: Why You Should Consider Climate-Smart Agriculture
- Low-maintenance Outdoor Potted Plants for Full Sun and Heat: Evergreen, Perennial, Flowering for Year-round
- Pest Management in Tea Plantation: Major Insect Pest of Tea, Control and Prevention Methods
- Rice-Crayfish Farming Integration: A Sustainable Approach to Increase Crop Yields and Biodiversity