As 2022 comes to a close, there’s much to look back on and be thankful for. This is a season of hope, too – for all the opportunities that 2023 will bring. As we look forward to the next year, it’s clear that innovation and sustainability will continue to lead the way in our industries. There will be new trends in food and agriculture, too.
We’ve narrowed down some of the top AgTech and FoodTech trends that you can expect to see in 2023. Environmental friendliness, fun flavors, colors, and farm-to-table will be key topics to understand and even get a jump start on.
More and more, consumers are deeply interested in how their food was produced, transported, and packaged. Sustainability and environmental friendliness are top-of-mind as people make purchasing decisions in grocery stores. Concern over climate issues and the future of the food supply are driving consumers to look for products with clear sustainability benefits and environmentally friendly packaging.
In case you missed it: Lemon Cultivation income (Nimbu/Citrus); Project Report
FruitMag is one example of a new technology meeting consumer demand for food quality and sustainability. FruitMag is a fruit-firming agent that prevents moisture loss after harvest. It’s a natural, sustainable, and environmentally friendly replacement for the toxic fungicides typically used to prevent postharvest loss in the citrus industry.
It’s mineral-based and fungicide-free but highly effective in reducing product losses and increasing shelf life. With rigorous testing confirming the effectiveness and safety of FruitMag, consumers can be confident in the sustainability and safety of their citrus fruit purchases.
Fun Flavors and Catchy Colors
In 2023, citrus fruits will continue to be popular with consumers all over the world. It’s for a good reason – citrus brings fun and flavor to the table in combination with health benefits. Citrus fruits come in an array of colors and flavors, making them a nice complement for everything from a charcuterie board to a dessert plate. Citrus fruits’ adaptability across meals and applications is unmatched. Nothing brightens any dish’s flavor quite like a fresh squeeze of lemon.
Citrus fruits also support the common “eat the rainbow” advice. A colorful plate ensures you get the necessary minerals, vitamins, and antioxidants. Diverse colors in a diet represent the complete range of needed nutrients for a body because each color indicates an abundance of specific nutrients. So from bright green limes to vibrant oranges and beyond, citrus fruits are a great way to add to the rainbow you eat.
Citrus fruits are also known for their health benefits. As a great source of vitamin C and soluble and insoluble fibers, citrus fruits add a lot to a healthy diet. In 2023, consumers will be looking for explicit health benefits from the foods they eat – like the digestive and immune benefits that citrus fruits can provide.
Alongside environmental friendliness, consumers will trend further towards supporting local food production. The farm-to-table trend ensures fresh ingredients from local growers and is an important part of economic, environmental, and community sustainability in agriculture. Citrus fruits can be part of the farm-to-table movement. Citrus crops are produced around the world – in over 140 countries.
Oranges, tangerines, lemons, and grapefruits are the most commonly cultivated citrus fruits, meaning a diverse set of colors and flavors are available around the world. China, Brazil, and the United States are major citrus-producing countries, with fruits grown on farms of varied sizes. Regardless of where the citrus fruits are grown, they are susceptible to many forms of postharvest diseases that can cause spoilage and economic loss.
Green old, blue mold, and sour rot are major citrus diseases – but FruitMag can address these diseases. Food-grade magnesia, sourced from the Dead Sea, protects the fruit from postharvest decay caused by these diseases. Appropriate for commercial applications, FruitMag makes it easy to prevent the loss, even in industrial applications. And consumers benefit from the non-toxic coating replacing frequently used, toxic fungicides on their fruit.
2023 Trends for Tomorrow
From environmentally friendly practices to a rainbow of fun flavors and a farm-to-table fascination, 2023’s trends provide ample opportunity for food and agriculture technology to meet consumer needs and care for the environment. Consumers will continue to vote with their dollars for innovations that improve their health and the health of the Earth. These trends secure a safe future for 2023 and beyond. May your 2023 be full of happiness, good health, and plenty of citrus fruits.
- Ultimate Guide to Raising Australorp Chickens: Profile, Farming Economics, Egg Production, Diet, and Care
- Silkie Chicken Farming: Raising Practices, Varieties, Egg Production, Diet, and Care
- Sussex Chicken Farming: Raising Practices, Varieties, Egg Production, Diet and Care
- Homemade Feed Formulations for Livestock: Discover Cost-effective Starter to Finisher Feed Recipes
- 20 Best Pig Weight Gain Supplements: Top Swine Weight Gain Formulas
- Ultimate Guide to Elderberry Farming: Propagation, Planting, Yield, Cost, and Profit
- 100% Effective Strategies for Combating Pests and Diseases in Hibiscus: Prevent and Treat Successfully
- Management of Pests and Diseases in Mums: Ultimate Guide to Protecting Mums
- Management of Pests and Diseases in Home Garden: 100% Effective Control and Treatment Strategies
- Essential Guide to Disease Management for Backyard Poultry Owners
- How to Raise Wyandotte Chickens: A Profitable Wyandotte Farming for Beginners
- Ultimate Guide to Raising Brahma Chickens: Care, Feeding, Egg Production, and Breeding
- Ultimate Guide to Raising Leghorn Chickens: Feeding, Breeding, Egg Production, and Care
- Rabbit Disease Management: 100% Effective Control and Treatment Strategies
- Bolting Management in Plants: Prevention for Premature Flowers and Seeding in Crops and Vegetables
- How to Manage Pests and Diseases in Berry Orchards: A Comprehensive Guide
- Top 20 Goat and Sheep Weight Gain Supplements: Best Sheep and Goat Weight Gain Formulas
- Apple Scab Management: Disease Cycle, Spray Schedule, Fungicides, Control and Prevention Strategies
- Beetle Management in Plants: Control and Prevention Strategies
- Mini Highland Cattle Farming: Exploring Raising Miniature Cattles with Cost and Profit
- Problems of Indian Agriculture: Problems Faced by Indian Farmers
- How to Raise Buff Orpington Chickens: Guide for Egg Laying, Breeding, and Care
- How to Raise Dexter Cattle: Breeding for Beef and Milk, Pros and Cons, Weight Chart, and Cost
- Tomato Hornworm Management: Overview, Control, Prevent Five-spotted Hawk Moth
- Citrus Fertilizer Management: Nutrient Requirements and Application Schedule
- Kaffir lime Farming: Varieties, Planting, Growing, Cost and Profit
- Pest Control Cost Per Acre in India: Organic vs Chemical Cost Comparison
- How to Grow Pittosporum in Home Gardens: Guide to Planting to Care for Beginners
- Mulching Cost Per Acre: Exploring Cost-Effective Solutions for India
- 45 Days Chicken Business Plan: Revenue, Costs, and Profitability Analysis
- How to Grow a Finger Lime Tree: Planting, Propagation, Care for Citrus Australasica/Caviar Lime
- How to Increase the Sweetness of Fruits: Exploring Different Methods to Enhance Fruit Sugar Content
- Grape Farming in the Philippines: How to Plant and Grow Grapes in Filipino Soil, Cost, and Profit
- Livestock Vaccination Cost in India: Exploring Strategies to Reduce Animal Vaccination Costs
- Citrus Farming in Spain: Citrus Fruit Cultivation Cost, Profit, and Production by Area
- Citrus Cultivation in Africa: Citrus Fruit Farming Cost, Profit, and Production by Country