Introduction to agriculture borewell permission and subsidy, guidelines of borewell digging, rules to follow for agriculture borewell digging: To promote water conservation and regulate the exploitation, groundwater use for protection and conservation of natural resources in India. The features include –
- Registration for bore wells in the agricultural area.
- There are few prohibitions in certain which are listed in the mandalas.
- Permission should be attained to sink wells near the water sources available.
- These bore wells should not be used for commercial purposes.
- It should not be developed or sink in the over-exploited areas.
- It should not be allowed for public purposes.
- The drilling rigs should be registered as per the ACT.
- If the wells are under any contravention then they need to be closed as per the ACT.
- Rainwater harvesting systems should be promoted.
- Water should be reused it should not be wasted.
- Water contamination should be prohibited.
You can apply this information for agriculture borewell subsidy in Tamilnadu, agriculture borewell subsidy, permission in Karnataka, agriculture borewell subsidy in Maharashtra, agriculture borewell subsidy, permission in Kerala, agriculture borewell permission and subsidy in Telangana, agriculture borewell subsidy in Andhra Pradesh, agriculture borewell subsidy in Gujarat, agriculture borewell subsidy in Rajasthan, agriculture borewell subsidy in Bihar, agriculture borewell subsidy in Uttar Pradesh, agriculture borewell subsidy in Madhya Pradesh, agriculture borewell subsidy in Odisha, agriculture borewell subsidy, permission in Uttarakhand, agriculture borewell subsidy in Haryana, agriculture borewell permission and subsidy in Punjab, agriculture borewell permission, subsidy in Chhattisgarh. Don’t dig borewell without permission and make sure you maintain the minimum distance between two borewells.
How to get agriculture borewell permission and subsidy
This is a very simple procedure as per the ACT, this permission should be attained at the Mandal level, for submitting the application for sinking the new wells. The following are the steps to be followed to get permission for digging the bore wells for agriculture purposes.
- You need to pay Rs.100 towards the application to Mandal Revenue Officer, The farmer has to apply in FORM-2 attached with the Demand Draft of Rs.1000/- in the name of District Deputy Director, Ground Water Department, towards the survey charges of the groundwater system.
- After receiving the application from the farmer, then the Mandal revenue officers will verify the norms of 250 meters from the already existing bore well of drinking water in the proposed site for the new well.
- The next decision will be based on the MRO’s decision, if he is satisfied with the spacing norms then it is referred to as TRANSCO clearance for power feasibility.
- After receiving a clearance certificate from TRANSCO and from MRO regarding spacing norms then the application will be further forwarded to the concerned District Deputy Director, Ground Water Department to conduct a further investigation for the availability of groundwater.
- If they found the availability of groundwater then they will pass the feasibility reports to the MRO for sanctioning the permission in FORM 3.
- The well will be sanctioned to drill up to 120m depth only.
- MRO’s would ensure the Rig operated in the jurisdiction for drilling of new wells that are registered under the Ground Water Department.
What distance should be maintained between the two borewells?
The minimum distance to be maintained between two bore wells is at least 250-350 m. If not the MRO will never sanction the permission to dig the bore well.
What FORMS need to be filled and submitted to get permission to dig borewell?
The following forms need to be filled to get permission to dig the borewell.
- FORM – 1A under Rule 6: Application for digging borewell for agricultural purpose. The application fee is Rs.50.
- FORM – 1 B under Rule 6: Application for digging borewell for commercial or industrial purpose. The application fee is Rs.500.
- FORM – 4 under Rule 7: Application for registration of the existing user. The application fee is Rs.500 for industrial or commercial purposes and Rs.50 for agricultural purposes.
- FORM – 6 under Rule – 8: Application for registration to Registration Agency. The fee for this is Rs.5000.
You should not miss the Cost of Biofloc Fish Farming in India.
The role played by groundwater department in the implementation of the ACT
These include –
- Checking and registering all the existing Rigs in the state.
- Estimating the groundwater resources and sanctioning the permits especially in the categorized areas.
- Providing the lists of areas regarding the notifications, permissions, etc.
- Proper evaluation of the sites befi=ore drilling.
- Providing keen and technical opinions if any disputes arise.
Note: To get permission for digging the borewell in the prescribed area, totally depends on the information available on the WALTA Act.
Why Borewell digging is prohibited in few areas?
Due to the excessive drilling of borewells the underground water level is decreasing day by day. This causes deletion f the water levels. Hence Government has prohibited digging borewells in few areas, especially in the water scare regions. This is implemented under the groundwater legislation act.
Central Ground Water Board, has the complete reports of water resources depicting the status of the country. So as to control the digging of borewells in order to save the groundwater resources.
Subsidies available for agricultural Borewell
Under Minor Irrigation Sectors, then the Submersible Pump Sets, Motors, and Engine oils should be purchased on the approval of the DPC as per the firms and the Government recognized Firms as per the authorized dealers. These accessories should also be ensured by the NABARD norms. Then the funding will be provided 50% of the corporate subsidy.
Recently the Government of Telangana has implemented Free Borewell Drilling Scheme and subsidies for the farmers where the amount is directly transferred to the beneficiaries’ bank account.
You may also like the Cold Storage License and Permission in India.
The maximum subsidy available for Borewell is Rs.25,000 for digging wells. Similarly, Rs.15,000 subsidy is available for setting up the diesel pump sets and electric pump sets. The same amount is also provided to set up the pumps to carry water from other water resources. The maximum subsidy available for this is Rs.10,000 per hectare.
Farmers can avail the subsidies for the construction of tanks at ground level to store the water. This is about Rs.350 per cubic meter and per person, it is restricted to Rs.40,000.
For Drip Irrigation state government has launched the 100 per subsidy for small-scale and micro farmers. The remaining farmers would get about 75% of the subsidy for the drip irrigation system. Most of the states encourage drip irrigation systems as it is an efficient method especially saves water in turn the groundwater level is not disturbed much. Hence it encourages by providing subsidies.
Actually, 50% of the cost system for bore wells is limited to Rs.10,000 per hectare and that too is restricted to a maximum of the 4 hectares per beneficiary or the group.
For Borewells 100% assistance is limited to Rs.30,000 per unit – BGREI and 50% of the cost limited to Rs. 25,000 per Unit in NMOOP.
BREI means Bring Green revolution to Eastern India and NMOOP means National Mission on Oilseeds and Oil Palm.
For Hilly areas, the amount sanctioned under the government subsidy is Rs.90,000 and Rs.75,000 for plain areas for one hectare.
In Tamil Nadu they provide Rs. 56,300 as subsidy amount per acre for digging of the borewells. The other subsidies include-Erection of borewell Subsidy cost per acre Rs. 8900; Drip and Fertigation system Subsidy cost per acre Rs. 32,000; Community nursery Subsidy cost per acre Rs. 2000; Seed and Plants Subsidy cost per acre Rs. 2000; Water-soluble fertilizer (WSF) Subsidy cost per acre Rs. 6000; Plant protection chemicals Subsidy cost per acre Rs. 2000.
That’s all folks about agriculture borewell permission and subsidy, rules of borewell digging, and guidelines of Agri borewell.
In case if you are interested in this: Onion Growing Tips, Tricks, and Secretes.