A step by step guide for Black Bengal Goat Breed
Today, we provide black Bengal goat breed profile.
Origin of this Goat:
This goat breed mainly found in the states of West Bengal, Orissa, Bihar, Northeastern regions of India and throughout Bangladesh. These goats are raised for meat purpose. They are very poor in milk production.
Body features of Black Bengal Goat:
This goat breed is colored predominantly in black. However, it also found in brown, gray and white colors. The goat size is usually small and the body structure is very tight. Their horns are small in size and legs are short.
Weight chart of Black Bengal Goat:
Generally, an adult male goat weights about 25 to 30 kg whereas adult female goat weighs about 20 to 25 kg.
Why this goat became popular?:
This goat is very popular in Bangladesh due to its low demand for food and very high kidding rate. These goats attain maturity at a fast rate and they deliver 2 to 3 minimum kids in each birth. The Black Bengal goats have a high degree of disease resistance and easily adapts to any kind of environment. The meat and skin quality of this goat is excellent. This Black Bengal goat breed provides a very important economic role in Bangladesh.
What are the main benefits of raising Black Bengal goats?
- As this goat is a small-sized animal, consumption of food is very low, hence low feeding cost.
- Due to their small size, these goats require less space to occupy than other animal or livestock.
- Staring up a goat farm with these animals require low investment and within the range of normal people.
- Due to a high degree of disease resistance, the survival rate is high in this breed.
- Easily your farm animals become multiple in a short time due to their multi kidding ability.
- Usually, the doe (female goat) becomes pregnant twice a year and deliver 2-3 kids at a time.
- International demand for this goat breed meat & skin has a huge demand. This has a huge market in Bangladesh as well.
Even though these goats are not raised for milk purpose, this goat milk prevents tuberculosis and asthma. Due to this fact, this goat milk has a great demand in Bangladesh.
- Definitely, raising Black Bengal goats will provide you some extra income.
You may be interested in Growing Eggplants Hydroponically.