Introduction to PM Kisan Scheme
What is PM Kisan Scheme?
- PM Kisan is a Central Sector Scheme with 100% funding from the Indian Government.
- It has become operational from 1.12.2018.
- PM Kisan scheme will be provided to small and marginal farmer families and it is income support of 6,000/- per year in 3 equal installments.
- Under the PM Kisan scheme, the definition of family is husband, wife, and minor children.
- As per scheme guidelines, the state Government and UT (union territory) administration will identify the farmer families which are eligible for support.
- The fund from this scheme will be directly transferred to the bank accounts of the beneficiaries.
- There are several Exclusion Categories for the scheme. And, the entire responsibility of the beneficiary farmer family’s identification rests with the State Governments or Union Territory Governments.
- The Exclusion Criteria of the farmers are not eligible for the PM Kisan Scheme benefit.
- The farmer from PM Kisan is required to approach the local patwari/revenue officer / Nodal Officer nominated by the State Government for the enrollment for the PM Kisan scheme.
- Farmers in this scheme can do their self-registration through the Farmers Corner in the portal.
- Also, the farmers can edit their names in the PM Kisan database as per their Aadhaar database/card.
- In PM Kisan farmers can also know the status of their payment through the Farmers Corner in the portal.
A Step-by-Step Guide to PM Kisan Scheme in India
Main Objectives of PM Kisan
The Government has launched the PM Kisan scheme to provide income support to all landholding eligible farmer families. This scheme aims to supplement the farmer’s financial needs in procuring several inputs to ensure proper crop health and appropriate yields, commensurate with the anticipated farm income. The government has launched a “Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi (PM Kisan)” scheme in the current financial year to supplement the income of the Small and Marginal Farmers (SMFs).
Reasons for Implementing PM Kisan
PM Kisan Reasons for Implementation;
The government has come up with In PM-Kisan scheme to help the farmers. Some of the reasons to introduce PM Kisan Samman Nidhi yojana are;
- Farmers can get Rs 10,000 instead of Rs 6,000 under the PM Kisan scheme and this amount has been increased in the 2021 budget.
- To provide support for small as well as Marina land holding farmers and their families who have cultivable land.
- Another important reason for the PM Kisan scheme is to give supplements for the financial requirements of the farmers that will help in procuring different inputs to ensure and maintaining healthy crops.
Eligible Candidates for PM Kisan Scheme
The eligible candidates to get benefits under the PM Kisan scheme are;
- With cultivable landholding families are eligible for this PM Kisan scheme
- Farmers from both the urban and rural areas are eligible for this scheme
- Small and marginal farmers families
5 Top Performing States under PM-Kisan Scheme
Karnataka – 97% Aadhaar authenticated data. In Karnataka, more than 90% of beneficiaries are being paid benefits by Aadhaar based payment mode.
Maharashtra – Physical Verification Completed by 99%, Grievance Redressal – 60%
Uttar Pradesh – Approximately 1.53 crore farmers were registered from December 18th to March 19th.
Arunachal Pradesh – Aadhaar Authentication is 98%
Himachal Pradesh – Himachal Pradesh Physical Verification Completed – 75% Grievance Redressal – 56%
Documents Required To Register Under PM Kisan
- Aadhaar is mandatory.
- Other documents required to register for this scheme are a citizenship certificate, landholding papers, and bank account details.
How to Register For PM Kisan Samman Nidhi
- Firstly, farmers have to approach the local revenue officer
- The Common Service Centers certified to do the farmer’s registration for the PM Kisan scheme upon payment of fees.
- For enrolment to the PM Kisan scheme, the farmer is required to approach the local Agriculture Assistant/revenue officer / Nodal Officer (PM Kisan) nominated by the State Government.
PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana Application Form
This is an application form for PM Kisan (Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana) issued by the Central government to purchase crop and harvesting material for the farmers to provide financial assistance is to provide income support to all landholding farmers’ families.
Details to be Mention in Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana Form are;
- Farmer Personal Details
- Details of the Family
- Details of Collective Landholdings.
- Bank Details
PM Kisan scheme is a great initiative by the PM Modi government for farmer welfare. Eligible farmers will get up to Rs.6,000 yearly in their bank accounts under this scheme. Under this Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana farmers will have to fill their PM Kisan Samman Nidhi yojana forms and then have to submit them. To enroll in Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana, farmers will have to apply in a set Format that is Application Form.
Steps to Apply Online Application for PM Kisan Samman Nidhi
- Visit the Official Agriculture Portal of the state.
- In this, you will find the link to PM Kisan Samman Nidhi registration or online application.
- Go to the “Registration” Section and Enter the Required Information and then submit it.
- After the registration section, Login using your Username and Password. Then you can fill in data in the Kisan Samman Nidhi Form.
- It’s important to note down the Application Number for future use.
Who is Not Eligible for PM Kisan Scheme?
For PM Kisan scheme professionals such as doctors, engineers, and lawyers, as well as retired pensioners with a monthly pension of over Rs 10,000 and those who paid income tax in the last assessment year, are also not eligible for the scheme benefits.
- Institutional landholders
- State employees or central government, present or retired officers
- Those who pay income tax
- Farmer families holding constitutional posts
- Professionals like doctors, engineers, and lawyers
- Retired pensioners with a monthly pension of over Rs 10,000 are also not eligible
Under the PM Kisan scheme, the below categories are not be eligible for benefit under the scheme.
(a) All Institutional Landholders.
(b) Farmer families in which one or more of its members belong to the below categories
- Former and present holders of constitutional posts
- Present Members of LokSabha, RajyaSabha, State Ministers, and present Mayors of Municipal Corporations.
- Central or State Government Ministries Employees/All retired officers as well as regular employees of the Local Bodies and excluding Multi-Tasking Staff /Class IV/Group D employees
- All People who paid Income Tax in the last assessment year
Guidelines for PM Kisan Scheme
1. PM Kisan scheme applies for all small and marginal landholding farmer families owning up to about 2 hectares of cultivable land are eligible. The total of all land in different revenue villages must be less than 2 hectares.
2. Beneficiaries will get Rs. 6,000/- per year in 3 instalments (@ Rs. 2,000/- per instalment). The installment for Dec 20 18-Marth-2019 will be paid by March.
3. Cut-off date is 1st February 2019. No transfer of land, and change of name, etc. after this date shall be considered and except for change of name due to succession due to death.
4. Family means husband, wife, and minor children. In the case of Joint Ownership of land by different related families, then they will be eligible if their shares are less than 2 hectares.
5. Tenants/Encroachers entered in Dag Chitha are not eligible.
6. For the PM Kisan scheme, the exclusion Criteria for farmer families with one or more of its members belonging to one of the following;
- Former and present holders of constitutional posts.
- MLAs, Chairpersons of Municipal councils, Adhyaksha.
- Government employees (except Grade-IV employees).
- Pensioners with a monthly pension of Rs. 10,000 or more.
- And, all persons who paid Income Tax in the last assessment year are not eligible.
- Professionals like Doctors, Engineers, Lawyers, and Architects, etc., carrying out profession by undertaking practices.
7. Documents required:
i) Updated Jamabandi.
ii) Aadhaar Number or Aadhaar enrolment number.
iii) Other valid I-card like Driving Licence, Voters’ 10 Card (if Aadhaar not available).
iv) Bank details (Account No./Bank Name and Branch, IFSC Code, etc.).
v) 1 passport photo
Pradhan Mantri Kisan Maan Dhan Yojana (PM-KMY)
The “Pradhan Mantri Kisan Maan-Dhan Yojana (PM-KMY)” scheme is the Indian Government introduced the scheme for all landholding Small and Marginal Farmers (SMFs) in the country. It is a contributory pension scheme for the entry age group of 18 to 40 years. The PM-KMY Scheme is effective from the 9th of August, 2019.
The PM-KMY (Pradhan Mantri Kisan Maan Dhan Yojana) provides for an assured monthly pension of Rs. 3000/- to all landholding SMFs.
In case if you miss this: Summer Crops In India.
How to register PM-KMY by yourself?
Step 1-Visit the Official Website of Pradhanmantri Kisan Maan Dhan Yojana i.e. pmkmy.gov.in.
Step 2-Then, click on the “Apply Online” button on the Homepage.
Step 3-After that, the application form page will be displayed on the screen.
Step 4-Now enter the necessary details such as name, father/ husband name, date of birth, gender, caste, and other information and upload documents.
Step 5-Finally, click on Submit Button for the final submission of the application.
Important Documents Requrired to Apply Online for PM-KMY
- Aadhaar card
- Identity card
- Age certificate
- Income certificate
- Farmyard measles
- Mobile number
- Passport size photo
- Khashra Khatauni of Land Area
- Savings Bank Account / PM- KISAN Account
Pradhan Mantri Kisan Maan Dhan Yojana Eligibility Criteria
- Beneficiary Guidelines
- For Small and Marginal Farmers
- Entry age between 18 to 40 years
- As per land records of the concerned State/UT the cultivable land up to 2 hectares
Major Benefits of PM Kisan Maan Dhan Yojana
The central government will give 36000 rupees in a year as a pension (Pradhan Mantri Kisan Pension Yojana) to more than 25 lakh farmers under the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Maan Dhan Yojana.
Those who are named in the land records of the state or union territory as of 01-08-2019 can apply for the PM Kisan Maan Dhan Yojana scheme.
- Bahar Treatment in Pomegranate for High Quality and Yields: A Step-by-Step Guide to Implementation
- Mobile Veterinary Units in India: Implementation in States
- Moringa as Feed for Livestock: Moringa Fodder Crop Yield Per Acre
- National Beekeeping and Honey Mission (NBHM): Features, Schemes, and Benefits
- Management of Cutworms in Chilli: Prevention and Control With Organic, Chemical, Cultural Practices
- Best Fertilizer for Tinda: Organic, Natural, Homemade, NPK Ratio, When and How to Apply
- Whitefly Management in Cotton Crop: Symptoms, Control, and Best Insecticides for Cotton
- Best Fertilizer for Terrace Plants: Covering Vegetables, Fruits, Flowers, and Herbs
- 12 Best Compost Bins for Home in India with Price: Cheap for Indoors, Outdoors, and Kitchens
- Grapes Training Systems and Methods: A Comparative Analysis
- Best Fertilizer Jamun Tree: Organic, Natural, Homemade, Npk Ratio, When and How to Apply
- Polyhalite Fertilizers and their Role in Organic Farming
Key Features of PM Kisan Maan Dhan Yojana Scheme
- Assured Pension of Rs. 3000/- month
- Voluntary and Contributory Pension Scheme
- Matching Contribution by the Government of India
- The direct benefit of this scheme is those who are small farmers or run their lives by working in the farming of others.
- Any farmer between the ages of 18 to 40 can participate under the PM Kisan Maandhan Yojana scheme.
- You mustn’t have more than 2 hectares of land, to provide social security to the farmers in old age.
- The PM Kisan administered by the Department of Agriculture, Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare, and Indian Government in partnership with the Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC).
- The account of such co-contributions shall be maintained separately by the LIC and co-contributions along with fund earnings from time to time shall be utilized for pension payment on the date of vesting. In this, the co-contributions along with fund earnings will be transferred back to the Pension Fund.
Pradhan Mantri Kisan Tractor Yojana
The economic condition of our county mainly depends on farming produce. To help the poor framers buy tractors and agriculture items, the central government is offering financial help. To produce more agricultural items, it is very important to provide support to the farmers so that they can offer better agricultural produce and meet the country’s requirements. The overall farming sector needs to be improved, and which will boost the farmers’ economic condition.
PM Kisan Tractor Yojana important because;
- Subsidies of 20% to 50% will be directly credited to farmers’ linked bank accounts when they are buying new tractors under this scheme.
- For this scheme, the farmers have an active bank account linked with the Aadhaar card to get the beneficiary amount credited.
- Farmers have to pay 50% of the tractor’s price after the application has the approved when the rest will be given as part of scheme benefits.
- The profit of the PM Kisan Tractor Yojana scheme will be given to farmers who have their cultivable land. The land must be in the name of the farmers to get a subsidy from the government.
- Under the scheme, a 50% subsidy will be given by the joint contribution of central and state government, and the farmers will spend the rest of the 50% of the tractor’s price.
Eligibility criteria for PM Kisan Tractor Yojana
Only the farmers of the country are eligible to avail of the PM Kisan Tractor Yojanascheme benefits. Some of the benefits are given below;
- Farmers have agricultural land in their name to be part of the scheme
- The candidate have suitable identification proof like Aadhaar card and the like options
- Availing of the scheme benefits for the first 7 years, the candidate does not opt for any other central or state government scheme benefits
Documents Required Applying For the PM Kisan Tractor Yojana Scheme
Residential proof – As suitable residential proof, the candidate produces land documents for higher authorities’ scrutiny at the time of registration.
Identification details – Identification details mean the candidate should produce documents like a Voter ID card, PAN card, and passport or Aadhaar card to justify their identification at the time of registration.
Bank account details – Bank account details means produce bank account number, passbook details, branch name, IFSC code and the like to be linked with the scheme.
Contact details – Candidates must get furnish details like mobile number and passport size photo at the time of registration for the scheme.