Gujarat, popularly known as the “Jewel of Western India,” is located in the country’s western region. The state’s primary learning centers are Gandhi Nagar and Ahmedabad. Gujarat has a literacy rate of 78.33% on average (as per census 2011). This state’s importance as an educational center in India has grown significantly in recent years. Let’s check out the top agricultural colleges in Gujarat.
Many public and private schools and universities in this state provide education in fields like agriculture, engineering, and management. We have listed the Top Agriculture Colleges in Gujarat. All admissions to this degree are made through the GUJCET (Gujarat Common Entrance Test), which is an annual entrance test for individuals seeking admission to various disciplines such as engineering, pharmacy, and science.
Government agricultural colleges in Gujarat
Anand Agriculture University
Anand Agricultural University (AAU) was founded in Anand with the help of the Gujarat government. Anand Agricultural University is placed 67th in the Universities column and 96th overall in the NIRF Ranking 2019.
Anand Agricultural University, which was previously affiliated with Gujarat Agriculture University, became autonomous in 2004 and is now a well-known name in the field of agricultural studies. It offers 11 courses in six fields, the most well-known of which are B.Tech and B.V.SC. The college offers undergraduate, master’s, and doctoral level courses that are:
- B.Sc in Agriculture, Horticulture to be eligible, you must pass 10+2 with a minimum of 40% marks
- B.Tech in Dairy Science, Agriculture Engineering, Food Technology, Agriculture information technology with a tuition charge of around INR 28,000
- M.Sc in Soil Water Conservation, Dairy Technology, Agriculture Informatics, Food Safety And Quality Management and many programs are available with a total tuition fee of INR 23,000
- Ph.D. in Agriculture, Horticulture, Dairy Science, Veterinary Science eligibility with Masters in related field INR 20,000
All UG admissions are dependent on a candidate’s performance in the Gujarat Common Entrance Test (GUJCET) Gujarat State-Agricultural Universities of Gujarat Common Admission is used for admission to PG and Ph.D. programs (GSAUCA) SC/ST applicants receive a 5% reduction in the exam fee.
In case you miss this: Top Agricultural Colleges in Kerala: Government and Private
Junagadh Agriculture University
JAU provides a variety of agricultural and related science courses. Admission to UG programs is based on a candidate’s GUJCET score, whilst admission to PG and Ph.D. programs is dependent on a candidate’s performance in a University-sponsored entrance exam. The courses offered by the university are:
- M.F.Sc in Aquaculture, Fish Processing Technology
- M.Sc in Agronomy, Plant Pathology, Horticulture, Plant Molecular Biology & Biotechnology, Horticulture-Floriculture and Land Scaping, Fruit Science, Agriculture Entomology, Seed Science & Technology, Agricultural Statistics, Crop Physiology, Agro-Meteorology, Agricultural Extension
- M.Tech in Process and Food Engineering, Soil Water Conservation Engineering, Agricultural Engineering eligibility with Graduation and costs around INR 40,000
- Ph.D. in Agronomy, Agricultural Processing and Food Engineering, Renewable Energy, Soil Science and Agriculture Chemistry, Agricultural Statistics, Agriculture Engineering, Plant Molecular Biology, Agriculture Entomology, Seed Science & Technology, Aquaculture, Plant Molecular Biology, Fruit Science
- B.Sc Agriculture, Horticulture costs around 30,000 per year with 10+2 eligibility.
Navsari Agriculture University
Navsari Agricultural University is an autonomous State Agricultural University in Gujarat that was founded in 2004. At the undergraduate level, the institute provides B. Tech, B.Sc, and AH programs, as well as MBA, M.Tech, M.Sc, and M.V.Sc programs at the graduate level. There are also Diploma, Certificate, and Ph.D. programs available.
The courses have merit-based and entrance-based admissions. All PG programs need an entrance exam, however, UG admissions are based on a 60 percent merit in 12th grade and a 40 percent GUJCET / JEE Main score. The courses offered by the university are:
- M.Sc in Pathology, Agronomy, Soil Science & Agricultural Chemistry, Genetics, and Plant Breeding, Crop Physiology, Fruit Science, Agricultural Microbiology, Spices & Plantation Crops, Forest Biology, Forest Biology & Tree Improvement, Agricultural statistics, Floriculture and Landscaping and it costs around 45,000 per year
- M.Tech in Process and Food Engineering, Soil Water Conservation Engineering, the annual tuition fee is 45,000
- Ph.D. in Agronomy, Agricultural Economics, Food Science & Post Harvest Technology, Silviculture, and Agro-Forestry, Fruit Science, Agricultural Statistics, Tree Improvements, Crop Physiology, forest Products, and many more courses are available with INR 43,000 annual fee
In case you miss this: Top Agriculture Colleges in Karnataka: List, Government, and Private
College Of Agricultural Engineering and Technology, Junagadh
In 1984, the College of Agricultural Engineering and Technology was founded. Agricultural engineering plays a critical role in enhancing agricultural crop yield and productivity, consequently increasing farmer income. Courses offered by the university are:
- Soil & Water Engineering, Farm Machinery & Power Engineering, Processing & Food Engineering
- Ph.D. in Soil & Water Engineering, Farm Machinery& Power Engineering, Processing& Food Engineering, and Renewable Energy Engineering
BA College of Agriculture, Anand
Bansilal Amrutlal College of Agriculture was established in 1947. Every year, around 140 undergraduate students and 120 postgraduate students from India and abroad engage in agricultural studies. 18 departments work on crop breeding, crop production, crop protection, and social sciences, carrying out different educational, research, and extension operations as a result.
This college is well-known for providing excellent agricultural education. An educational museum has been built to educate students and farmers about many types of seed and compost, as well as samples of agricultural instruments, insect management, and weed control. B.Sc in Agriculture is one of the courses offered at this college, and it costs roughly INR 1.1lakhs and BA (Agro Services) includes Post Harvest Handling Seeds, Seed production Technology, Seed Technology are the semester–1 subjects
Private agricultural colleges in Gujrat
Rai University Ahmedabad
The Gujarat State Legislature founded Rai University (RU) Ahmedabad as a self-financed private university in Ahmedabad, Gujarat, under Gujarat Act No. 12 of 2012. The University has received approval from the Gujarat government as well as the Indian Bar Council, and it is a member of the Association of Indian Universities. In a variety of specialties, the institution provides undergraduate, postgraduate, and doctorate programs.
In case you miss this: Top Agriculture Colleges in Tamil Nadu: Government and Private
Admission to Rai University is determined by the results of qualifying examinations administered by the state of Gujarat and/or personal interviews. Programs available are M.Sc in Microbiology, Biotechnology B.Sc in Agriculture and the annual fee is around 50,000. the placement cell provides a platform for students and companies to work together to find the greatest fit.
Parul University is Gujarat’s most prestigious private university, with its first institution established in 1993. the university that is accredited by the University Grants Commission and a member of the Association of Indian Universities provides approximately 50 undergraduate, graduate, doctoral, diploma, and certificate programs in a variety of areas. Among all the streams, the University is well-known for its Engineering, Science, and Management programs.
For admission to its Design programs, (PUDAT) is administered. It also takes various national-level entrance examinations for admission to its UG, PG, and Ph.D. programs, including JEE Main. The university offers over 450 courses and collaborates with more than 75 colleges.
- For B. Tech total tuition fee is around 2,70,000 to 6,00,000
- The Ph.D. course fee is between 2 to 6lakhs
Gujarat Vidyapith University, Ahmedabad
Mahatma Gandhi established Gujarat Vidyapith University in 1920. GVP offers education in a variety of areas, ranging from nursery and elementary schools to higher education and from bachelor’s degrees to master’s, M. Phil., and doctorate degrees.
In case you miss this: Top Agriculture Companies in India: Best and List
- The M.Sc in Microbiology, Environmental Science & Technology, and fee would be Rs.18,740 per year.
- B.Sc in Microbiology, Food Process Technology, eligibility for these courses are 12th standard
Kamdhenu University, Gandhinagar
Kamdhenu University, established in 2009 by the Government of Gujarat’s Kamdhenu University Act, provides undergraduate, postgraduate, and diploma programs in veterinary sciences, animal husbandry, and dairy. The B.Tech in Dairy Technology is the most well-known course offered at this institute.
The GUJCET tests are used to determine admission to the college. At Kamdhenu, a wide range of courses are available. Because it is essentially an agricultural institution, all of these courses are related to agriculture in some way. Gujarat is well-known for its dairy and dairy-related goods. B.Tech and M.tech in In Dairy Technology, Diploma in Animal Husbandry,
Navichandra Mafatlal College Of Agriculture
NMCA was founded in 1965. Navsari’s Avinchandra Mafatlal College of Agriculture is a government institution that is connected with Gujarat University in Ahmedabad and South Gujarat University in Surat. Since May of 2004, N. M. College of Agriculture has been a part of Navsari Agricultural University. It provides agricultural courses at the undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral levels. The college offers 12 courses in three different streams.
- M.Sc (Agriculture) in Genetics and Plant Breeding, Agronomy, Soil Science and Agriculture Chemistry, Agricultural Entomology, Agricultural Statistics, Horticulture, Animal Science, Agricultural Engineering total fee is around INR 42,000
- B.Sc in Agriculture and Ph.D. in Agriculture
Poor Merit vs. Merit Scholarships is available for deserving students who are economically disadvantaged.
In case you miss this: Top ICAR Approved Agriculture Colleges in India
Institute of Advanced Research, Gandhi Nagar
Puri Foundation for Education founded the Institute of Advanced Research (IAR) in 2011. The institute is located in Gandhinagar, Gujarat, on the banks of the Sabarmati River. The institution features a full-fledged campus with all of the necessary amenities for students.
Courses offered by the institute for undergraduate programs are Biotechnology, Microbiology, Life Sciences & biomedical Science Under the Center for Engineering and Enterprise, B.Tech courses are offered in a variety of specialties. The program is open to students who have completed their 10+2. It costs around INR 90,000.
- Bahar Treatment in Pomegranate for High Quality and Yields: A Step-by-Step Guide to Implementation
- Mobile Veterinary Units in India: Implementation in States
- Moringa as Feed for Livestock: Moringa Fodder Crop Yield Per Acre
- National Beekeeping and Honey Mission (NBHM): Features, Schemes, and Benefits
- Management of Cutworms in Chilli: Prevention and Control With Organic, Chemical, Cultural Practices
- Best Fertilizer for Tinda: Organic, Natural, Homemade, NPK Ratio, When and How to Apply
- Whitefly Management in Cotton Crop: Symptoms, Control, and Best Insecticides for Cotton
- Best Fertilizer for Terrace Plants: Covering Vegetables, Fruits, Flowers, and Herbs
- 12 Best Compost Bins for Home in India with Price: Cheap for Indoors, Outdoors, and Kitchens
- Grapes Training Systems and Methods: A Comparative Analysis
- Best Fertilizer Jamun Tree: Organic, Natural, Homemade, Npk Ratio, When and How to Apply
- Polyhalite Fertilizers and their Role in Organic Farming
- How to Identify Fake Seeds: Key Differences Between Real and Counterfeit Seeds
- Best Fertilizer for Indian Gooseberry/Amla: Organic, Homemade, NPK Ratio, When and How to Apply
- Best Fertilizer for Bitter Gourd: Organic, Natural, Homemade, NPK Ratio, When and How to Apply
- Bangalore Method of Composting: Preparation Method, Benefits, and Disadvantages
- How to Check PM Kisan Status: Beneficiary Verification With Aadhaar Number and Mobile
- 15 Best Chaff Cutter Machines in India: For Dry, Green Fodder Cutting, and Price List Included
- Bermuda Grass Fertilizer Schedule: When and How to Apply in Winter, Summer, and Spring
- 20 Best Plants to Grow Under Oak Trees: Compatible Plants Under and Around Oaks
- Benefits of DAP Fertilizer: Price, Composition, How and When to Apply
- Profitable Thai Guava Farming in India: Yield, Profit Per Acre, Plant Price, 1 Acre Cost of Cultivation
- Top 19 Water Harvesting Techniques: What is Water Harvesting and Benefits of It
- Best 20 Lemon Varieties: Sweet, Large, and Rare High Yield Cultivars
- Top 15 Agro Based Industries in India: Best List for Agri Entrepreneurs
- Career Opportunities in Agribusiness Management: Top 10 Jobs After Agribusiness Management
- Top 20 Pumpkin Varieties to Grow in Your Garden: Best List of Pumpkin Varieties for High Profits
- How to Grow Cordyceps Mushrooms: Profitable Cultivation Practices and Cordyceps Mushroom Price
- Top 20 Lettuce Varieties to Grow in Your Garden: Best List for Backyard for Fall and Winter
- Top 20 Grape Varieties to Grow in India: List of Grape Varieties to Grow for High Profits
- Best Fruit Nurseries in Tamil Nadu: Top List of Saplings Supplier for High Yield and Profits
- Top 20 Apple Varieties in India: List of Apple Varieties to Grow for High Profits
- Advantages of Vegetative Propagation and Disadvantages of Vegetative Propagation: Examples
- Best Fruit Plant Nurseries in Maharastra: Sapling Suppliers of Hybrid and High-Yield Fruit
- 6 Best Grafted Fruit Plant Nurseries in Karnataka: Sapling Suppliers of Hybrid and High Yield Fruit
- Grape Vine Pruning, Defoliation, and Thinning for Great Yield