Tamil Nadu is an Indian state where agriculture is a key source of revenue. The agriculture industry accounts for 13% of the state’s GDP. Sugarcane, cotton, corn, rye, groundnuts, and oilseeds are all prominent crops in Tamil Nadu. After West Bengal, Uttar Pradesh, and Punjab, Tamil Nadu is India’s fourth-largest rice producer. In addition, the state is a significant producer of turmeric in India. Let’s check out a few top agriculture colleges in Tamil Nadu.
Tamil Nadu is one of the country’s most literate states. Tamil Nadu, often known as “The Land of Tamil,” is a state in India’s southern area. Chennai is the state’s main educational center. This state’s literacy rate is 80.09 percent (as per the census 2011). Tamil Nadu is one of India’s most popular states for students seeking higher education. We have compiled a list of the Top Agriculture Colleges in Tamil Nadu.
Government Agriculture colleges in Tamil Nadu
The Government Constituent Colleges of TNAU in Tamil Nadu provide ten different agricultural and allied degrees.
Agriculture College & Research Institute, Madurai
Madurai’s Agricultural Research and Development Institute (ACRI) was founded in 1965. It is an ICAR-approved institution committed to agricultural education academics, research, and extension. Agriculture courses are available at ACRI at the bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels. Microbiology, Agronomy, Plant Pathology, Seed Science & Technology, Soil Science, and Entomology are all master’s degrees. The admission exam administered by TNAU serves as the basis for selection.
Ph.D. in Agricultural Extension, Plant Pathology, Agronomy, Entomology, Soil Science, Genetics & Plant Breeding, Extension Education, and some other courses are available. Students can apply for a variety of scholarships at the institute. B.Sc. costs roughly 50,000 rupees, while Ph.D. costs around 80,000 rupees.
In case you miss this: Top Agriculture Colleges in Maharashtra
Agricultural College And Research Institute, Killikulam:
The Agricultural Institution and Research Institute (AC & RI) are situated in killikulam, Tamil Nadu. Currently, the college is providing high-quality education. The college’s agricultural program has been authorized by the Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR). On its campus, it provides a Bachelor of Agriculture undergrad program.
The institution offers full-time courses with a maximum intake capacity of 60 students each year. Agronomy, Plant breeding and genetics, Soil science and Agricultural Chemistry, Horticulture, Agriculture Entomology, Social Sciences, Plant Pathology, and Farm Management are the seven departments that provide UG and PG programs.
- UG application fee: INR 600 (INR 300 for SC/ST)
- PG: INR 1500 per subject (INR 1000 per subject for SC/ST), with an online application process.
Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, Coimbatore
The Tamil Nadu Agricultural University near Coimbatore was established in 1971. TNAU is made up of six agricultural colleges. In the subject of engineering, the TNAU offers twenty-six doctoral degree programs, thirteen undergraduate degree programs, and forty graduate degree programs, among others. Currently, the University’s constituent college offers undergraduate agriculture courses. Food Process Engineering, Horticulture, Biotechnology, and Agriculture Engineering are all BTech programs.
BSC in Agriculture, Agribusiness Management, and Mtech in Bio-Energy, Farm Machinery & Power courses are available. The selection procedure will be based on merit and a counseling process. Shortlisted candidates for admission to TNAU are those with the best marks. Only students who live in Tamil Nadu and have studied there or who are permanent residents of the state are eligible to apply. TNAU includes a placement and training unit that helps students find appropriate jobs.
Annamalai University, Chidambaram
Annamalai Institution (AU), India’s first private university, has officially been designated as a “State Government University.” Annamalai University now has 48 associated institutes and provides UG, PG diploma, diploma, certificate, and Ph.D. programs through its 10 faculties, which include Arts, Science, Indian Languages, Education, Agriculture, and Medicine. More than 500 courses are available in ten different streams.
In case you miss this: Top Agriculture Companies in India: Best and List
Full-time and part-time distance-learning UG and PG programs are available, with durations ranging from three to five years. Students can apply for a variety of scholarships at the university, which are awarded based on merit, category, and community. Annamalai University offers merit and entrance-based admissions. TNEA, TANCET, and NEET scores are accepted for admission to B.E, MCA, MBBS, MBA, and BDS programs.
It costs roughly INR 27,000 for MSC, INR 1,53,000 for Bsc, and INR 2,14,000 for BE. The highest compensation for top courses is generally around INR 10-15 LPA, with the average wage around INR 2-3 LPA and the lowest salary around Rs 1-2 LPA.
Horticultural College And Research Institute, Periyakulam
Periyakulam Horticultural Institution and Research Institute in Theni is a well-known college in Tamil Nadu. It is a premier college in the fields of Agriculture Science and Technology, as well as Science and Mathematics. It’s in the Tamil Nadu town of Theni. This institution offers three courses. UG and PG courses are included in this category.
There are three courses in the Agriculture Science and Technology category. B.Sc. (Horticulture) is the sole course offered at the undergraduate level. M.Sc. (Horticulture) (Fruit Science) and M.Sc. (Horticulture) (Vegetable Science) are offered for postgraduate study.
Anbil Dharmalingam College, Kuttappattu
Tamil Nadu Agricultural University’s Anbil Dharmalingam Agricultural College and Research Institute (ADAC&RI) is a constituent college. At the year 1989, it was established in Kumulur, Lalgudi Taluk, Trichirappalli district, with a yearly intake of 40 students. The College’s mission is to create an outstanding learning environment and academic activities that will develop students into specialists in agricultural technology, research, and technology transfer. The courses offered by this college are
B.Sc in Agriculture, Horticulture Science, with a 10+2 qualification and the BSc course costs roughly 70,000 rupees per year And M.Sc in Plant breeding, Agriculture Entomology, Soil Science & Agriculture Chemistry the overall cost of tuition is roughly 60,000 rupees.
Agricultural Engineering College and Research, Tiruchirapalli
The Agricultural Engineering College and Research Institute (AECRI) was founded in 1992 and is accredited by the AICTE. It is a constituent college of the Tamil Nadu Agricultural University. Undergraduate agriculture courses are available at the college. The AECRI provides undergraduate programs.
The most popular AECRI course is B.Tech in Agricultural Engineering, Agriculture Science, Farm Machinery and Bio-Energy, Soil and water Conversation& Agricultural Science. BSc in Agriculture, Horticulture, Forestry, Sericulture, Food, Nutrition & dietics courses are available and scholarships are available for the enrolled students. The total tuition costs around 1.5lakhs for Agriculture engineering.
In case you miss this: Top ICAR Approved Agriculture Colleges in India
Top private agriculture colleges in Tamil Nadu
Many individuals are opting for a B.Sc in agriculture as a favored option even from reputed private colleges. After graduating from a reputable college, people can obtain well-paying professions. So, here is a list of Tamil Nadu’s best private agriculture institutions.
College Of Agricultural Technology
College of Agricultural Technology was founded in 2010 and is associated with the former Tamil Nadu Agricultural University in Coimbatore. The course offered by this college is B.Sc in Agriculture, Horticulture, Agribusiness Management, BTech in horticulture, food process engineering and Diploma in agriculture, and Agriculture Diploma. Agriculture and Horticulture are offered as undergraduate degrees at CAT, Then.
The minimum need to apply for a B.Sc. program is 10+2, and applicants are chosen solely on merit. The application can be done both online offline. Then, with a total intake of 120 students, CAT allows an online application for admission. Tamil Nadu Agriculture University window system counseling would be used for 50% of the selection process. The remaining 50% will be admitted directly to college based on college criteria and eligibility requirements.
The Vellore Institute of Technology is a private deemed university in Vellore, Tamil Nadu. Vellore Engineering College was founded in 1984. VIT Online Learning Institute (VITOL) was established in 2019 to provide online education to aspiring learners all over the world. Engineering, Science, Business Studies, Management, Computer Science, Architecture, Design, Mass Communication, Commerce, Hotel Management, and Visual Communication are among the 66 undergraduate, 58 postgraduate, 15 integrated, and two Research and MTech (Industrial) courses offered by Vellore Institute of Technology.
VIT Vellore admissions 2021 are mostly based on an entrance exam. Most technical and management programs, such as BTech, BArch, BDes, MTech, MCA, and MBA, are entry-based and are only verified with a legitimate score/rank in their respective entrance tests. MSC ranges in price from INR 1.2 lakhs to INR 1.6lakhs. INR2.9lakhs for a BSc and INR 7lakhs for an MBA. The entire cost includes a one-time refundable caution deposit of INR 3,000 but does not include non-mandatory expenditures like lodging and transportation.
Bharath Institute of Higher Education and Research, Chennai
BIHER was founded in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, in 1984. NIRF ranked the institute 36th for University. It provides undergraduate and postgraduate programs, as well as research-level programs like PhDs, in a variety of subjects like management, engineering, science, and the humanities. There are 196 courses divided into 14 streams. Aspirants can submit their completed application forms both online and offline.
In case you miss this: Top Agricultural Universities in the UK: Best and List
The admissions procedure is based on a merit score or a legitimate score in the institute’s BEEE test. Admission to Ph.D. programs is based on written exams and interviews. The course application cost is Rs 1000. The Bharath Institute offers many popular courses. BSc in Biochemistry and Visual Communication courses are available It is estimated to cost roughly 2lakhs. Scholarships are awarded depending on BEEE rank.
The Gandhigram Rural Institute Deemed University, Dindigul
The Institute was started in 1956. During NAAC’s re-accreditation in 2010, the institute received an “A” grade. The university has seven colleges, two departments, and seven centers that provide 52 academic programs ranging from certificate courses through graduate programs to doctorate programs.
The institute now has 3501 students. Renewable energy B.Tech and M.Tech programs are offered at the university. Agriculture B.Sc, Home Science, Nursing Course are some of the courses. MSc in Botony, food science and nutrition, Microbiology, zoology and BSc in Geology, Micro Biology, Home Science, and also a diploma in agriculture program is available.
Adhiparasakthi agriculture college, Kurumudithangal
Vellore’s Adhiparasakthi Agricultural College was the city’s first agricultural college. In the topic of agriculture, the institution offers two B.Sc. degrees in Agriculture, Horticulture as well as diploma courses. Admission to these programs is determined by a candidate’s performance on a previous qualifying examination.
In case you miss this: Top 10 Agriculture Universities of Australia
A minimum of 50% aggregate marks in 10+2 in the Science stream is required for admission. The program costs INR 1.6lakhs in total. Adhiparasakthi Agricultural College provides undergraduate and graduate programs in a variety of specialties. Admission to these courses is completely based on academic achievement.
- Ultimate Guide to Raising Australorp Chickens: Profile, Farming Economics, Egg Production, Diet, and Care
- Silkie Chicken Farming: Raising Practices, Varieties, Egg Production, Diet, and Care
- Sussex Chicken Farming: Raising Practices, Varieties, Egg Production, Diet and Care
- Homemade Feed Formulations for Livestock: Discover Cost-effective Starter to Finisher Feed Recipes
- 20 Best Pig Weight Gain Supplements: Top Swine Weight Gain Formulas
- Ultimate Guide to Elderberry Farming: Propagation, Planting, Yield, Cost, and Profit
- 100% Effective Strategies for Combating Pests and Diseases in Hibiscus: Prevent and Treat Successfully
- Management of Pests and Diseases in Mums: Ultimate Guide to Protecting Mums
- Management of Pests and Diseases in Home Garden: 100% Effective Control and Treatment Strategies
- Essential Guide to Disease Management for Backyard Poultry Owners
- How to Raise Wyandotte Chickens: A Profitable Wyandotte Farming for Beginners
- Ultimate Guide to Raising Brahma Chickens: Care, Feeding, Egg Production, and Breeding
- Ultimate Guide to Raising Leghorn Chickens: Feeding, Breeding, Egg Production, and Care
- Rabbit Disease Management: 100% Effective Control and Treatment Strategies
- Bolting Management in Plants: Prevention for Premature Flowers and Seeding in Crops and Vegetables
- How to Manage Pests and Diseases in Berry Orchards: A Comprehensive Guide
- Top 20 Goat and Sheep Weight Gain Supplements: Best Sheep and Goat Weight Gain Formulas
- Apple Scab Management: Disease Cycle, Spray Schedule, Fungicides, Control and Prevention Strategies
- Beetle Management in Plants: Control and Prevention Strategies
- Mini Highland Cattle Farming: Exploring Raising Miniature Cattles with Cost and Profit
- Problems of Indian Agriculture: Problems Faced by Indian Farmers
- How to Raise Buff Orpington Chickens: Guide for Egg Laying, Breeding, and Care
- How to Raise Dexter Cattle: Breeding for Beef and Milk, Pros and Cons, Weight Chart, and Cost
- Tomato Hornworm Management: Overview, Control, Prevent Five-spotted Hawk Moth
- Citrus Fertilizer Management: Nutrient Requirements and Application Schedule
- Kaffir lime Farming: Varieties, Planting, Growing, Cost and Profit
- Pest Control Cost Per Acre in India: Organic vs Chemical Cost Comparison
- How to Grow Pittosporum in Home Gardens: Guide to Planting to Care for Beginners
- Mulching Cost Per Acre: Exploring Cost-Effective Solutions for India
- 45 Days Chicken Business Plan: Revenue, Costs, and Profitability Analysis
- How to Grow a Finger Lime Tree: Planting, Propagation, Care for Citrus Australasica/Caviar Lime
- How to Increase the Sweetness of Fruits: Exploring Different Methods to Enhance Fruit Sugar Content
- Grape Farming in the Philippines: How to Plant and Grow Grapes in Filipino Soil, Cost, and Profit
- Livestock Vaccination Cost in India: Exploring Strategies to Reduce Animal Vaccination Costs
- Citrus Farming in Spain: Citrus Fruit Cultivation Cost, Profit, and Production by Area
- Citrus Cultivation in Africa: Citrus Fruit Farming Cost, Profit, and Production by Country