The agriculture sector is an important role in the Indian economy. It is a well-known fact that agriculture is one of the most important industries in the Indian economy. About 60% of the country is engaged in agriculture. It contributes about 20% to Indian GDP. Agricultural companies have been working for years to keep us supplied with edible things.
Indian agricultural companies produce a wide range of products, from hybrid seeds to complex chemicals that help increase productivity and are environmentally safe. In this article, we take a look at some of the top agricultural companies in India.
Top Agriculture Companies in India
Godrej Agrovet Limited
Godrej Agrovet Limited is a subsidiary of the renowned Godrej Corporation, founded in 1990. A company that manufactures agricultural products and is one of the largest companies in the country is included in the top ten list. In addition to providing animal feed and poultry, it also owns a palm oil plantation. Concerns about quality are important in the development of green products by the company.
The Bombay Burmah Trading Corporation Limited (BBTCL)
This is a 150-year-old company. It has made its fortune on teak since becoming a public corporation in 1863. The corporation is part of the Wadia Group, a multi-billion-dollar company that is the second oldest company in terms of the number of years it has been publicly traded. It has the highest revenue from any company in the Indian agro-industry.
The firm trades on the Indian Stock Exchange. This has a combined annual turnover of 1.2 billion dollars. Tea, coffee, other horticultural products, dairy products, auto-electric and white goods parts, gardening and landscaping services, and healthcare products are among the company product categories.
Founded in 1994, Advanta Limited is active in the seed business. This is a plant genetics company. It has its corporate office and headquarters in Hyderabad, Telangana. Advanta is one of the leaders in the agricultural industry with its presence on six continents. Advanta is a world leader in counterfeiting and grain.
In case you miss this: Top Vermicompost Companies in India: List and Best
Monsanto India is an Indian subsidiary of the American agricultural giant, founded in 1901 in Missouri, USA. Monsanto India’s main business includes the production of pesticides and seeds. Monsanto India is headquartered in Mumbai, Maharashtra, and is ranked among the top agricultural companies in India.
Poabs Organic Estates
Based in Tiruvalla, Kerala, it was established in 1889. It is a multi-crop plantation company. As far as coffee, tea, white pepper, and black pepper are concerned, Poabs Organic Estates dominates the market for agro-based products. The company has won numerous national and international awards in the fields of coffee and tea.
This company was established in 1970 and is based in Ludhiana, Punjab. National Agro-Industry is involved in the manufacture of agricultural implements and has a substantial market share in the relevant sector in India. Some of the company’s notable products include ridge planters, crop planters, paddy green planters, seed drills, maize shellers, and vegetable seed extractors.
The company’s main goal is to provide the best equipment to its customers. New farming methods have reduced crop production time and energy. The national agricultural industry implements modern agricultural practices to facilitate the work of the agricultural sector.
UPL Ltd. is the largest and top agricultural company in India. Established in 1969. The company manufactures and markets crop protection products, specialty chemicals, among other industrial chemicals. And, their agricultural products include agrochemical products, seeds, etc. Their non-agricultural segment also manufactures industrial chemicals, nutrient feeds, fungicides, herbicides, insecticides, plant growth and regulators, rodenticides, etc.
Raghuvansh Agrofarms Ltd
Since its inception, the company has been engaged in agricultural activities. The company is engaged in the large-scale cultivation of Organic Vegetables, Organic Grains, and Cereals. It has an integrated facility for the cultivation, processing, and distribution of agricultural produce. In addition to the above, the company is also engaged in dairy farming, production, distribution of dairy products, and manufacture of organic fertilizers. It is the fourth-largest company in the list of top agricultural companies in India.
In case you miss this: Top Hydroponics Companies in India
Kaveri Seed Company Limited
Kaveri is one of the fastest-growing seed firms in India, with more than 15,000 distributors and dealers across the country. It employs over 883 people and sells a variety of hybrid seeds. The company is in a position to reach greater heights in fulfilling its brand promises by investing in management innovation and renewing its focus on R&D. Kaveri has one of the largest drought and disease resistant / high yielding hybrids / varietal portfolios in the country.
PI Industries was founded in 1946 as Mewar Oil and General Mills Limited. The company’s products include a variety of household agricultural inputs, pesticides, fungicides, and herbicides. In addition, the company has a strong export business for custom synthesis and contract manufacturing. In addition, the company manufactures four special products for agricultural use. The company is listed on the stock exchange and is a pioneer in introducing granular formulations in India.
JK Agri Genetics Ltd.
JKAL is a well-known seed firm that was founded in 1989 and is headquartered in Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India. JKAL is a pioneer in India’s seed sector, dedicated to helping the farming community, and is one of the top agricultural companies in the country. Its activities include research, development, production, processing, and marketing of Cotton, Wheat, Maize, Corn, Pearls, Millet, Sorghum, Sunflower, Castor, Mustard, Sorghum Sudan Grass, Tomatoes, Oil Plants, Okra, and Peppers.
In case you miss this: Top Fertilizer Companies in India
This is one of the oldest agricultural companies in India, founded in 1802. DuPont has its corporate and head office in Gurgaon, Haryana. The company deals with ‘agricultural products’ including seeds, pesticides, and insecticides that protect crops such as Rice, Wheat, Vegetables, Sugarcane, Soybeans, Pulses, Lentils, etc. The company provides healthcare services for animals.
Rallies India Limited
A subsidiary of the Tata Group, Rallies India Limited was founded in 1815 and is one of the agrochemical companies. It deals with agricultural products ranging from fertilizers and pesticides to seeds and treated seed chemicals. A research and development wing of Rallies India, which is involved in product development, is also located in Bangalore.
Nuziveedu Seeds Limited
Nuziveedu Seeds Limited deals in agricultural seeds, as the company name suggests. The largest producer of Bt cotton seeds in India, Nuziveedu Seeds Ltd. was founded in 1973. The company offers seeds for a wide range of crops: Cotton, Vegetables, Mustard, Millet, Pearl Millet, Sunflower, Corn, and Paddy seeds.
Established in 1989, Bharat Rasayan manufactures technically advanced pesticides, pesticide formulations, and other intermediates. The company is engaged in the manufacture of raw materials which are later used in the manufacture of more pesticides. The company has rightly acknowledged the need for modern agrochemicals and infrastructure that has helped provide better solutions to farmers, including irrigation facilities, warehousing, and cold storage.
In case you miss this: Top 11 Cold Storage Companies in India
Nath Bio-Genes (India) Limited
Nath Bio-Genes is one of the leading seed companies in India. Founded in 1979, standing for thirty years, it is one of the most experienced seed companies in India: almost as old as the industry itself. The company has an excellent range of products and competitive pipeline products in large field crops, vegetable crops, and bio-stimulants.
It ranks sixth in the list of top 10 agricultural companies in India. It has established a network of more than 15,000 seed growers for the company. The company is ready to play a significant role in agricultural development, farmers’ prosperity, and the promotion of locally developed agricultural technologies.
Raghuvansh Agrofarms Ltd
It has been the core business of the Agricultural Operations Company since its inception in 1995. In addition to organic vegetables, organic grains, and organic grains, the company also grows a range of organic fruits and vegetables. Agricultural produce is grown, processed, and distributed through the company’s integrated facility. In addition to these activities, the company manufactures, distributes, and manufactures organic fertilizers and dairy products.
The company is one of the leading fertilizer companies in the country and has built a strong presence in South India. The company has more than 800 rural retail outlets in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Karnataka, and Maharashtra. Each retail store caters to the needs of approximately 5,000 farmers in 30-40 surrounding villages. Its main products include fertilizers, pesticides, and special nutrients. It has allowed the company to acquire a capacity of 3.5 million tonnes in CPC (Crop Protection Chemicals) which is 22% of the production capacity in India.
In case you miss this: Top 20 Seed Companies in India
HPC Biosciences Limited
This is distinguished from other agricultural companies by various factors, which makes it a market leader in row crops and a wide range of industries. To achieve the perfect balance between production process and material use. They are fully trained and experienced. HPC Bioscience has a close relationship with its customers that has a high success rate in improving designs and releasing new products.
- Homemade Feed Formulations for Livestock: Discover Cost-effective Starter to Finisher Feed Recipes
- 20 Best Pig Weight Gain Supplements: Top Swine Weight Gain Formulas
- Ultimate Guide to Elderberry Farming: Propagation, Planting, Yield, Cost, and Profit
- 100% Effective Strategies for Combating Pests and Diseases in Hibiscus: Prevent and Treat Successfully
- Management of Pests and Diseases in Mums: Ultimate Guide to Protecting Mums
- Management of Pests and Diseases in Home Garden: 100% Effective Control and Treatment Strategies
- Essential Guide to Disease Management for Backyard Poultry Owners
- How to Raise Wyandotte Chickens: A Profitable Wyandotte Farming for Beginners
- Ultimate Guide to Raising Brahma Chickens: Care, Feeding, Egg Production, and Breeding
- Ultimate Guide to Raising Leghorn Chickens: Feeding, Breeding, Egg Production, and Care
- Rabbit Disease Management: 100% Effective Control and Treatment Strategies
- Bolting Management in Plants: Prevention for Premature Flowers and Seeding in Crops and Vegetables
- How to Manage Pests and Diseases in Berry Orchards: A Comprehensive Guide
- Top 20 Goat and Sheep Weight Gain Supplements: Best Sheep and Goat Weight Gain Formulas
- Apple Scab Management: Disease Cycle, Spray Schedule, Fungicides, Control and Prevention Strategies
- Beetle Management in Plants: Control and Prevention Strategies
- Mini Highland Cattle Farming: Exploring Raising Miniature Cattles with Cost and Profit
- Problems of Indian Agriculture: Problems Faced by Indian Farmers
- How to Raise Buff Orpington Chickens: Guide for Egg Laying, Breeding, and Care
- How to Raise Dexter Cattle: Breeding for Beef and Milk, Pros and Cons, Weight Chart, and Cost
- Tomato Hornworm Management: Overview, Control, Prevent Five-spotted Hawk Moth
- Citrus Fertilizer Management: Nutrient Requirements and Application Schedule
- Kaffir lime Farming: Varieties, Planting, Growing, Cost and Profit
- Pest Control Cost Per Acre in India: Organic vs Chemical Cost Comparison
- How to Grow Pittosporum in Home Gardens: Guide to Planting to Care for Beginners
- Mulching Cost Per Acre: Exploring Cost-Effective Solutions for India
- 45 Days Chicken Business Plan: Revenue, Costs, and Profitability Analysis
- How to Grow a Finger Lime Tree: Planting, Propagation, Care for Citrus Australasica/Caviar Lime
- How to Increase the Sweetness of Fruits: Exploring Different Methods to Enhance Fruit Sugar Content
- Grape Farming in the Philippines: How to Plant and Grow Grapes in Filipino Soil, Cost, and Profit
- Livestock Vaccination Cost in India: Exploring Strategies to Reduce Animal Vaccination Costs
- Citrus Farming in Spain: Citrus Fruit Cultivation Cost, Profit, and Production by Area
- Citrus Cultivation in Africa: Citrus Fruit Farming Cost, Profit, and Production by Country
- Discover Top 20 Best Turkey Breeds to Raise for Meat and Eggs
- Citrus Farming in India: Citrus Fruit Cultivation Cost, Profit, and Production by State
- Cocoa Farming in West Africa: Exploring Cocoa Cultivation Industry from Cost to Profit