Garlic Farming Information Guide
The following write-up details about Garlic Farming Techniques, Tips, and Ideas.
Introduction and Importance of Garlic:
Garlic is one of the important bulb crops. It is used as a spice or condiment through India. The compound bulb of garlic consists of several small bulblets or cloves. Garlic is generally cultivated in A. P, U.P, Madras, and Gujarat. Scientific experiments have shown that certain compounds in garlic will help the Heart functioning. Garlic is said to contain antibiotic substances that inhibit the growth of certain bacteria and fungi.
Best Soil for Garlic Plantation:
Climatic Requirements for Growing Garlic
Land preparation for Garlic Plantation:
Improved Varieties of Garlic:
Fawari, Rajli gaddi, G-41, Selection – 2, Selection – 10, and Garlic 9 Allium Sativum.
Godavari:- Developed by selection from Jamnagar collection and released in 1987. Bulbs are pink in color and medium in size with 25- 30 cloves per bulb. It is tolerated by eriophyte mites. Duration is 130- 140 days. Duration is 130- 140 days. The average yield is 150 quintal per hectare.
Sweta:- Sweta is developed by selection from local germplasm collected from Gujarat and released in 1987. Bulbs are medium in size with 20-25 cloves per bulb of white color. Duration is 120- 130 days. The average yield is 130 quintals per hectare.
Read this: Garlic Cultivation Project Report.
Seed Rate and Time of Sowing in Garlic Farming:
Clove/Seed Preparation in Garlic Farming Method:
Best Season of Planting:
Planting Distance of Garlic Plants:
Mulching in Garlic Crop:
Intercultural operation of Garlic Crop:
Irrigation Requirement for Garlic Plants:
Manures and Fertilizer of Garlic:
Pests and Disease Control in Garlic Production:
Thrips (Thrips sp.). Both nymphs and adults feed on the plant. They suck the sap of the plant from younger leaves to the growing points. The older leaves become withered or blasted in appearance.
Harvesting and the Yield of Garlic:
Garlic is a crop of 4 ½ to 5 months duration. When the leaves start Turing yellowish or brownish and show signs of drying up (usually about a month or so for the emergence of seed stalks, the crop is ready for harvest. The plants are then pulled out or uprooted with a country plow and are tied into small bundles, which are then kept in the field or in the shade for 2 – 3 days for curing and drying so that the bulbs become hard and their keeping quality is prolonged. The bulbs may be started by handling them on bamboo sticks or by keeping them on dry sand on the floor in a well-ventilated room on the dry floor. In garlic 50 to 70 quintals/ha yield is obtained.
Commercial Garlic Farming is very profitable.
Read this: How To Grow Pearl Millets.
- Bahar Treatment in Pomegranate for High Quality and Yields: A Step-by-Step Guide to Implementation
- Mobile Veterinary Units in India: Implementation in States
- Moringa as Feed for Livestock: Moringa Fodder Crop Yield Per Acre
- National Beekeeping and Honey Mission (NBHM): Features, Schemes, and Benefits
- Management of Cutworms in Chilli: Prevention and Control With Organic, Chemical, Cultural Practices
- Best Fertilizer for Tinda: Organic, Natural, Homemade, NPK Ratio, When and How to Apply
- Whitefly Management in Cotton Crop: Symptoms, Control, and Best Insecticides for Cotton
- Best Fertilizer for Terrace Plants: Covering Vegetables, Fruits, Flowers, and Herbs
- 12 Best Compost Bins for Home in India with Price: Cheap for Indoors, Outdoors, and Kitchens
- Grapes Training Systems and Methods: A Comparative Analysis
- Best Fertilizer Jamun Tree: Organic, Natural, Homemade, Npk Ratio, When and How to Apply
- Polyhalite Fertilizers and their Role in Organic Farming
- How to Identify Fake Seeds: Key Differences Between Real and Counterfeit Seeds
- Best Fertilizer for Indian Gooseberry/Amla: Organic, Homemade, NPK Ratio, When and How to Apply
- Best Fertilizer for Bitter Gourd: Organic, Natural, Homemade, NPK Ratio, When and How to Apply
- Bangalore Method of Composting: Preparation Method, Benefits, and Disadvantages
- How to Check PM Kisan Status: Beneficiary Verification With Aadhaar Number and Mobile
- 15 Best Chaff Cutter Machines in India: For Dry, Green Fodder Cutting, and Price List Included
- Bermuda Grass Fertilizer Schedule: When and How to Apply in Winter, Summer, and Spring
- 20 Best Plants to Grow Under Oak Trees: Compatible Plants Under and Around Oaks
- Benefits of DAP Fertilizer: Price, Composition, How and When to Apply
- Profitable Thai Guava Farming in India: Yield, Profit Per Acre, Plant Price, 1 Acre Cost of Cultivation
- Top 19 Water Harvesting Techniques: What is Water Harvesting and Benefits of It
- Best 20 Lemon Varieties: Sweet, Large, and Rare High Yield Cultivars
- Top 15 Agro Based Industries in India: Best List for Agri Entrepreneurs
- Career Opportunities in Agribusiness Management: Top 10 Jobs After Agribusiness Management
- Top 20 Pumpkin Varieties to Grow in Your Garden: Best List of Pumpkin Varieties for High Profits
- How to Grow Cordyceps Mushrooms: Profitable Cultivation Practices and Cordyceps Mushroom Price
- Top 20 Lettuce Varieties to Grow in Your Garden: Best List for Backyard for Fall and Winter
- Top 20 Grape Varieties to Grow in India: List of Grape Varieties to Grow for High Profits