A step by step guide for the preparation of natural pesticides and application for field crops
Today, we discuss natural pesticides preparation and their application for growing agricultural or horticultural crops. By using this information one can easily reach their goal of natural pesticides preparation.
Jeevamrutha is a fermented mixture of microbial culture. It provides nutrients, and importantly, acts as a catalytic agent which promotes the activity of microorganisms in the soil, as well as increases the activity of earthworms living in the soil. After the 48-hour fermentation process, the aerobic and anaerobic bacteria present in the cow dung and cow urine multiply as they eat up organic ingredients (like pulse flour). A handful of undisturbed soil is also added to the preparation that acts as a inoculate of native species of microbial organisms. It also helps to prevent the disease caused plants by fungal and bacterial plant pathogens. Jeevamrutha is only needed for the first 3 years of the organic farming system, after which the soil system becomes fertile and self-sustaining.
How to prepare Jeevamrutha:
- Add 200 liters of water into a barrel.
- Then, add 10 Kg fresh local cow dung and 5-10 liters of aged cow urine.
- Further, 2 Kg of Jaggery and 2 Kg of pulse flour and a handful of soil from the bund of the field.
- Stir the solution at regular intervals well and let it ferment for 48 hours in the shade.
- Now Jeevamrutha is ready for application on the plants or to the field.
- 200 liters of Jeevamruta is enough for one acre of land.
Application of Jeevamrutha natural pesticides
Apply the Jeevamruthaon the crops twice a month in the irrigation water or as a 10% foliar spray.
Beejamruth is used as a treatment for seeds, seedlings or any planting plant material. It is very effective in protecting young roots from fungus and other microbes as well as from soil-borne and seed-borne diseases that commonly affect plants after the monsoon season. Beejamruth is composed of similar ingredients as Jeevamrutha – local cow dung that is a powerful natural fungicide and cow urine which a strong anti-bacterial liquid, lime, and soil. It is nothing but the Jeevamrutha applied as a seed treatment.
Application of Beejamrutha
Apply as a seed treatment to the seeds of any crop or coat them, mixing by hand and dry them well before using them for sowing. For leguminous seeds/ crops, just dip the seeds quickly and let them dry in shade.
Ghana Jeevamrutham Type I
Take 100 kg of Desi Cow Dung (Cow dung is good only for 21 days if its kept moist. sprinkle water and store in shade) and add1Kg Jaggery and 1kg Besan. Mix the mixture well and store it as a heap for 48 hrs in a shade. If the temperature drops below 12degrees, the heap should be covered with rug sack to maintain constant Temperature for conducive climatic conditions for micro-organisms.
Application of this natural pesticides
After 48hrs, Spread the mixture on a clean surface and sundry it. Flip it upside down during the day so that all particle get exposed to sunlight and quickly dries up. Once it is completely dried up break the lumps into powder form with the Wooden bat and fill them into Sacks and store it which is good enough for 1 Acre application.
You may be interested in Organic Herbs Farming for Profits.
Ghana Jeevamrutham Type II
Collect 200kg Dried and sieved Powered Cow dung Farm Manure from a cowshed. Spread it slightly on a clean surface and Sprinkle 20ltJeevamrutham over it. Mix it well using a spade thoroughly and form a heap in the shade of this mixture and keep away from water and direct sunlight for about 48hrs. If the temperature drops below 12degrees, this heap needs to be covered with rug sack to maintain a constant temperature for the conducive climate of micro-organisms. After 48 hours, spread it and dry the mixture under the sun and mix it during the day at regular intervals.
Once Ghana Jeevamrutham Type II is completely dried up break it using any existing lumps into powder form using Wooden bat and fill them into Sacks and store it. This will be good enough for 1 Acre application which can be used for about 1 year.
You may also check Horticulture Farming, Types of Horticulture.
Ghana Jeevamrutham III/ Gobar Gas Slurry per acre
Collect Gobar Gas Slurry and dry it in the sunlight. Once its completely dried up break any existing lumps into powder form using Wooden bat and store it. Ingredients required are 50 kg dried Gobargas powder, 50kg Desi Cow Dung, 1kg Jaggery and 1kg Besan. Mix the mixture well and store it as a heap in Shade for 48hrs and keep it away from Sunlight and Rain. After 48hr, dry it under the sun and mix well during the day. Once it’s completely dried up break any existing lumps into powder form using Wooden bat. Fill them into Sacks and store it in warm and dry conditions.
Agniastra (Agni Missile) preparation
- Take an earthen pot and add 10 liters local Cow Urine into it.
- Then add 1 Kg of Tobacco by crushing it in the Urine.
- Crush 500 gram of Green Chili & add it into the cow Urine and crush 500 Gram Local Garlic and add it in the Urine.
- Add 5 Kg Neem leave pulp and boil this prepared solution well 5 times
- Let this solution to ferment for about 24 Hrs and filter this using a muslin cloth.
- Spray this medicine Agniastrato control various insect pests like Leaf Roller, Stem Borer, Fruit borer, Pod borer.
Bramhastra (Bramha Missile) step by step preparation
- Take a mus pot and add 10 liters Local Cow Urine in it.
- Then, crush 3 Kg of Neem Leaves and add this Neem pulp in this water then Add 2 Kg pulps of Sitafal (Custard apple) leaves, 2 Kg pulps of Papaya leaves, 2 Kg Pomegranate leaves pulp, 2 Kg of Guava leaves or a guava pulp, 2 Kg Lantana Camellia leaves pulp and 2Kg of White Dhatura leaves Pulp in to it (use Lantana Camella and Dhatura leaves only if available during Bramstra preparation).
- Boil this solution for 5 times and filter using a muslin cloth.
- Let this solution to ferment for 24 Hrs and the natural pesticide is ready for use.
- Spray this medicine on the trees to control all the sucking pests, pod borer, fruit borer, etc.
- Spray Bramhastra 2 liter in the 100-liter water or 2% spray in the fields.
Neemastra preparation procedure
- It is also known as neem missile.
- Take 100 liter Water and add 5 liters Local Cow Urine in it.
- Then, add 5 Kg Local Cow Dung in it.
- Crush 5 Kg of Neem Leaves & add this Neem pulp in this water and grind.
- Let this solution to ferment for 24 Hrs and stir this solution twice in a day by any wooden stick or glass rod.
- Filter the prepared solution using a muslin cloth.
- Spray this prepared Neemastra @100% on the plants in order to control sucking pests and Mealy Bugs.
That’s all folks about the preparation of natural pesticides for growing crops. Avoid chemical pesticides and keep preparing natural pesticides for a healthy world.
You may be interested in Growing Thyme Hydroponically.