How to get Poultry License in India: Are you planning to start poultry business of your own? Then you need to know few details before starting to run your business well by considering all the aspects even the minute ones. It includes right from basic setup of equipment for raising birds and the marketing strategies applied for your business. You can get the fast growth by running your business carefully, as there is a huge demand for poultry products in the market.
You can apply this information for oultry farm license in Kerala, poultry farm license in Tamil Nadu, poultry farm license in Karnataka, poultry farm license in Maharashtra, poultry farm license in Andhra Pradesh, poultry farm license in Uttar Pradesh, poultry farm license in Madhya Pradesh, poultry farm license in Telangana, poultry farm license in West Bengal, poultry farm license in Punjab, poultry farm license in in Bihar, poultry farm license in Chhattisgarh, poultry farm license in Odhisa, poultry farm license in Gujarat, poultry farm license in Rajasthan and other states of India.
A guide to poultry license in india, poultry permission, guidelines
The steps which you need to follow to start a poultry farm are
- Choosing the type of poultry farm either Broilers or layers either for meat production and egg production.
- Choose the type of bird which you want to raise in the poultry farm.
- Setting the farm location
- Poultry farm business plan
- Getting the licenses and permit from the government.
- Costs involved in starting a poultry farm.
Getting license and permits for poultry farm in India
You should not miss the Integrated Fish and Duck Farming.
For getting the license to start the poultry farm the following need to be followed-
- Application for license
Theapplicant or the person who is applying to start a poultry farm in India needs to submit the following things to get the license. These include-
- Plan of the poultry farm on a scale of 1: 100, of the plan of the poultry farm or house, specifications of the settings such as width, length, area and designation of each of the structures of the poultry farm. Equipment of the houses for ventilation, temperature maintenance and their capacities need to be indicated.
- You need to submit the drawings of the new poultry house or the already existing one showing all the structures at a distance of 500 meters or the poultry house.
- Population of the farm
License will be granted for a species or branch which will be existed in the sanctioned list and also check’s the area of farmland.
- Structure of the house and its surroundings
A house has to be built in such a way that it should give protection to the animals and the surrounding area should be free of weeds, scrap, and any other object. It should be protected with compacted borders.
4. The water system
- The poultry has to be provided with drinking water which will be suitable for human consumption also.
- The poultry has to be maintained clean without any water stagnant as it effects the poultry by attracting different kinds of infections.
- Maintain hygienic environment
The farm should be maintained with hygienic surroundings and care should be taken that there should be no unpleasant odours and other infections.
6. Pest extermination
There will be a pest examination in the farmhousehence proper care should be taken by cleaning the farmhouse and using proper disinfectants that are approved by the Director of the agrifarming department or the institute.
7. Removal of carcasses
All the poultry carcasses should be disposed everyday properly in the decomposition pit in the farm or in any other places approved by the director or you can also transfer them to the other disposing or incinerating places to avoid the infections.
8. Feed containers
Feed containers should be stored tightly sealed containers to prevent them from birds and other rodents such as rats. As these containers should be placed outside the house on a clean and solid surface which should be cleaned easily using disinfectants.
9. Pesticides and medications
Proper medication should be provided in a timely manner and should be maintained clearly and indicated on the outside of the package. Make a note that disinfectants should be maintained separately, do not mix with the medicines.
Each house should have the suitable fire-fighting means based on the instructions of the relevant authorities.
Poultry farm distance from village
The proposed poultry farm should be located 500 meters away from village and 200 meters from road.
Distance between poultry farms and residences
The proposed poultry farming should be at least 1000 meters away from other poultry farms. Poultry farms should be maintained at least 5-6 Km away from the residences.
List of documents required to submit to get a poultry license in India
You can run a poultry farm either as a sole proprietorship or with two/ more owners as Private Limited Company which is also flexible in terms of tax. Before registering this you first have to go through the pros and cons attached to each one and then decide the best based on the conditions that suit you.
You may also like the Cost of Tilapia Fish Farming in India.
Before applying to get the license for poultry you need to arrange the following documents carefully-
- Certificate of company registration
- Pan card
- Insurance policy
- Poultry farm business permit
- Business plan
- Business license
- Animal care standards
Depending on the kind of poultry farm business, you need to provide the farm with vaccines hence it is necessary to get certification. But note a point that if you are just rearing birds and just selling eggs then there is no need of certification, but needs a lot of knowledge.
GST registration for Poultry dairy farm in India
GST registration is required for commercial poultry farm business. You may contact any charted accountant for poultry farm GST registration process.
Is insurance required for a poultry farm?
It is very important that you have to get insurance for your business especially against the diseases like salmonella and other hazardous risks for your poultry farm. These are very risky, and the outbreak of one disease might wipe out the total farm at a time. Hence take guidance from the professionals. Listed below are some of insurances available-
- Pollution liability coverage
- Animal protection /cruelty coverage
- Equipment breakdown coverage
- General liability
- Poultry farm insurance
- Worker’s compensation
What are the licenses required for starting poultry farm in India
These include a couple of licenses from the local authorities or from state government of India. These include-
- No objection certificate from the local government in the area which you are planning to setup a poultry farm.
- NOC from pollution board f the area.
- Electrical permission whether to have a transformer based on the size of farm you are planning to setup.
- Permissions from ground water department for the supply of water.
You can get these easily just you can post the details and get them also via online.
Supervision and reporting
After going through all the documents and permissions which you have submitted for getting the license and after careful inspection by the field officers then they will provide the licence to start the poultry based on the size of the farm.
Single window clearance poultry farm license in India
Recently government has introduceda single window clearance system to encourage the entrepreneurs so that they can get all the clearances regarding power, licenses, finance etc. within the prescribed timeline at once. This would help them to get at once saving the time and paperwork. You may be interested in Prawn Cultivation – A Complete Guide.