A mini tractor is a smallest yet most useful tractor that helps farmers with daily farming tasks. It is small in size; thus, a mini tractor is called a Chota tractor. A tractor can act as a farmer’s best friend. A tractor plays an important role in the life of a farmer. It can bring many benefits to the farmers and make farming work easier. Lets check out top 14 mini tractors to improve farm production in India.
Tips to increase farm production by using tractors
Tractors have traditionally been used to mechanize many agricultural operations in the fields. Modern tractors are used in fields for ploughing, tilling, and planting, in addition to routine lawn care, landscape maintenance, moving or spreading manure, and clearing bushes. Tractors offer advantages for small farms and regular lawn and garden work. Subcompact tractors help perform various tasks like mowing, moving mulch, and pruning gardens. Also, there are utility tractors for mechanizing complex farm activities.
Thus, they benefit small farms and regular lawn and garden work. The use of tractors depends on their types; for example, tractors used in agriculture are called utility tractors, while tractors used in construction sites are known as industrial tractors for heavy lifting. Farmers use tractors for plowing, sowing, cultivating, threshing, and other agricultural activities.
Tractors are designed with powerful engines to navigate rough terrain and pull extremely heavy loads, making them effective in tough farming or landscaping tasks. Modern tractors also have cast iron front axles for added strength and durability. A tractor is an agricultural machine used to mechanize agricultural work such as cultivation. However, since its humble beginnings as a steam engine on wheels in the 19th century, the tractor has come a long way.
Today, tractors are used for farming, plowing, tilling, and planting fields. Modern tractors can be used for various tasks, including pruning, landscaping, moving or spreading manure, and lawn care. Depending on the power output, many types of mini tractors can perform various farming tasks, including harvesting, sowing, fertilization, and scarifying independently. Hence, tractors perform uniformly throughout the agricultural land and reduce human effort.
In case you missed it: How HMT Tractors Helping Indian Agriculture – A Farmer Guide
Cost of mini tractors
India’s lowest mini tractor price starts from Rs. 1.75 lakh, up to Rs. 8.70 Lakhs. Mini tractors are the most suitable farming automobiles in India, which are widely used for small-scale tillage and the management of small acres of agricultural land. Some even come in a lower range if they are a new and exquisite launch or second-hand mini tractor in India. Small tractors have unknowingly great features and characteristics that make them most popular and in high demand by farmers who own small farms and limited budget sizes.
Features of mini tractors
The use of mini tractors makes farming work easier and more efficient. So, to help you understand mini tractors for agriculture, we have listed the top features of mini tractors.
Economical: Mini tractor price in India is affordable for farmers, and as we all know, when choosing a tractor, farmers will look for a tractor that suits their budget. Because mini tractors are accessible at a reasonable price, they will always hold this position. Farmers are happy with this price. Small tractors are high-tech but still very affordable.
It is fuel efficient: Small tractors for agriculture are particularly fuel efficient and do not consume as much fuel as larger tractors. Smaller tractors have smaller tanks and may not perform as well as larger tractors, but they are good for small farms where the tank can be easily filled. Small tractors for farming use less fuel, saving farmers money and increasing their yields.
Comfortable: Since mini tractors provide a flexible station for drivers, farmers can enjoy a smooth ride even on uneven ground. The comfort preferences of farmers can be adjusted by adjusting the seat and steering wheel.
Easy to use: Mini tractors are known worldwide for their adaptability. Small tractors can be used for many tasks, as Indian farmers explore their maximum potential by using a variety of accessories with them. Small tractors can perform various tasks, from plowing to water sprinkling and weed removal.
Minimum space required: It is difficult to keep the tractor in a safe place for small farms with small space. These small tractors can easily fit inside a small space. It does not require a lot of storage space, which is ideal for small farms. Smaller tractors are now developed in India with advanced technology to make farming more efficient. Orchard tractor offers a variety of mini tractors, including a popular mini tractor, the latest garden tractor, and an AC cabin mini tractor.
Easy to move: Mini tractors have a short wheelbase, which allows them to move in narrow spaces and turn in tight circles. It has a huge advantage over larger tractors in turning and positioning, and farmers can find tasks that are completed more easily and efficiently. It eliminates the need for farmers to purchase two separate pieces of equipment for processing. In addition, farmers will save hours spent teaching their workers how to use their small machinery. Since small tractors have few functions, they are easy to learn.
Top 14 mini tractors to improve farm production in India
Farmers can easily carry out intercultural operations on the farm with the help of small tractors. These compact tractors offer unmatched performance in the field, thereby increasing the farmer’s productivity. Also, their price point is another factor that entices farmers to purchase them.
In case you missed it: Contour Farming Guide: What is Contour Farming?, How to Start from Scratch for Beginners
Mahindra Yuvraj 215 NXT
Mahindra mini tractors are designed with ease of use and efficiency and are suitable for small crop operations, especially grapes that are perfect for gardens and orchards. But not all these machines are capable of this. These mini tractors are ideal for small spaces requiring a tight turning radius. Additionally, they are perfect for various uses such as tillage, seeding, leveling seed beds, spreading manure, moving heavy objects, transportation, and more. Yuvraj-215 NXT is the first Mahindra mini tractor in the Asian country.
It is India’s first 15-power unit tractor. Mahindra Mini Tractor is powered by a 15hp single cylinder vertical cooled engine that produces 863.5 ccs of power, is fuel-efficient, and performs well. The Yuvraj-215 NXT mini tractor is ideal for operating between two rows of crops and for various intercultural applications in orchards. Mahindra Yuvraj 215 NXT provides a compact vogue for an intercultural farming operation that helps comfort during cultivation, rotation, and many other tasks.
Its shape and beauty square measure cool and attractive. Mahindra Yuvraj-215 NXT mini tractor is specially designed for vegetable types like Potato, Onion, Cotton, Sugarcane, and fruits like Apple, Mango, Orange, and more. Some additional highlights include side shift gears improving handling while driving the tractor with its ergonomically printed face shift gears combined with extra housing for entry and exit of the tractor. The adjustable silencer is very important for the garden operation and diverts one row to another.
With load adjustment seats, it finally settles down to farmers in long drives. The price of the Mahindra Yuvraj-215 NXT Mini Tractor is around Rs. 2.50-2.75 Lakh. Mahindra Yuvraj mini tractor price is very affordable compared to other mini tractors. Mahindra Company always manufactures tractors keeping in mind the needs of the farmers. The Mahindra Yuvraj 215 NXT tractor is good for farming tasks, including cultivation, roving, planting, and more. It looks beautiful and attracts farmers.
Mahindra Yuvraj 215 NXT is suitable for orchard cultivation like Mango, Apple, Grape, and vegetable operations, including Potato, Cotton, Onion, etc. Mahindra Yuvraj 215 NXT also comes with some additional features, like a good seat for the comfort zone of the operator, which is adjustable. Also, the silencer is adjustable, which helps in garden operation.
John Deere 3028 EN
John Deere encompasses eight manufacturing facilities in Asian countries. It delivers a strong, reliable, and fuel-efficient diesel engine designed and engineered to drive you. John Deere 3028 EN mini tractor is another John Deere model with certain advanced options. The John Deere mini tractor has 28 HP 910 Kg maximum lifting capacity. This tractor is a great addition to helping the farmers of the Indian domain.
4 wheel drive makes it extra powerful and economical in the fields. The oil-immersed disc brake makes it superior in handling and, in turn, gives comfort to the operator. John Deere mini tractor price is friendly with all buyers. The price of a John Deere 3028 EN mini tractor is around Rs. 5.65-6.15 lakhs.
Kubota NeoStar B2741 4WD
The starting cost at ₹ 5.45 lakhs. Kubota tractor maker introduced Japanese technology to the Indian agriculture sector. Also, in terms of unique design, Kubota NeoStar B2741 4WD is the best mini tractor in India.
- Engine Type: This tractor produces an RPM of 2600 and is powered by a 27 HP engine.
- Weight and dimensions: It has a lifting capacity of about 750 kg. Further, the dimensions of this tractor model are 1105 mm in width and 2410 mm in length.
Massey Ferguson 6028 4WD
The starting cost at ₹4.75 Lakh. Farm Equipment Limited (TAFE) and tractors is a manufacturing company that manufactures Massey Ferguson tractors. Massey Ferguson 6028 4WD is a small tractor with a compact design that helps farmers to operate it easily.
- Engine Type: It has a 28 HP engine with 3 cylinders that produces a forward speed of 20.1 kmph.
- Fuel Capacity: It comes with a 25 liters fuel tank.
- Weight and dimensions: It offers a carrying capacity of 739 kg and has a total weight of 980 kg. Also, its length and width dimensions are 2920 mm and 1150 mm, respectively.
- Agricultural Implementation: It is ideal for small implements in Indian fields.
In case you missed it: How to Start Exotic Fruit Farming in India: A Production and Growing Guide for Beginners
Mahindra JIVO 245 DI
The starting cost at ₹3.90 lakh. Mahindra is one of the best-selling tractor brands in India. Its sturdy metal body makes it suitable for everyday use.
- Engine Type: This tractor with a 24 HP engine provides power-packed performance even in tough conditions. It also has 2 engine cylinders producing 2300 engine-rated RPM.
- Fuel Capacity: It comes with a 23L fuel tank.
- Lifting Capacity: The lifting capacity of the tractor is 750 kg. (There is no information available about its weight and dimensions).
- Agricultural Implementation: It is ideal for multi-crop farming such as Grapes, Sugarcane, Cotton, and Orchards.
Mahindra JIVO 305 DI 4WD
Mahindra’s mini tractor, the JIVO 305 DI 4WD, is a flagship model. Mahindra has carved a niche in India’s commercial vehicle and tractor markets. Mahindra has known for manufacturing high-quality tractors and excellent customer service. Since its inception, Mahindra has been on a mission to produce low-cost, high-quality tractors for the Indian market.
One of the popular tractor models in this sector is the Mahindra JIVO 305 DI 4WD. The tractor has a fuel tank capacity of 35 liters, ensuring it performs well for a long time. The tractor has two cylinders, each exceptional delivering power and efficiency. Mahindra JIVO 305 DI price is 5.65 – 5.88 Lakhs.
Mahindra JIVO 365 DI 4WD
Mahindra Jivo 365 DI 4WD is one of Mahindra’s various series of solid tractors. Mahindra JIVO 365 can handle any tough and demanding operation in the field while delivering acceptable results. This beautiful tractor has unmatched operating capability, and its powerful engine is its main attraction. It is the tractor for you if you are looking for a 36-horsepower Mahindra tractor.
It has three cylinders with RPM rated at 2600 RPM engine. The tractor has a multi-speed PTO that produces 590/845 engine rated RPM and has 32.2 power take-off HP. Apart from the quality of the engine, it also includes additional features that are more important for farmers. Mahindra Jivo 365 DI 4WD prices are around 4.70 to 6.00 lakh, respectively.
Farmtrac Atom 26
The Farmtrac Atom 26 engine capacity is exceptional and has 3 cylinders producing 2700 engine-rated RPM. This combination is great for buyers. The Farmtrac Atom 26 new model tractor has a single clutch, which provides smooth and easy operation. The Farmtrac Atom 26 steering type is a balanced type of power steering that makes this tractor easy to control. The tractor has multi-plate oil-immersed brakes that provide more grip and less slippage.
It has a hydraulic lifting capacity of about 750 kg, and the Farmtrac Atom 26 mileage is economical in every department. Farmtrac Atom 26 tractor is preferred for farmers with the average agricultural area and regularly uses farming implements like cultivators, trailers, rotavators, and seed drills. Farmtrac Atom 26 price in India is about Rs. 5.40-5.60 Lakhs.
Starting cost from ₹2.60 lakh, Swaraj mini tractors are highly reliable and easy to maintain. Similarly, Swaraj 717 is one of the best mini tractors, with a digital instrument cluster and sleek design. The Swaraj 717 tractor is often considered the largest tractor for farming. Swaraj 717 tractor is built with advanced technology, which makes it perfect for agricultural use.
- Engine Type: This equipment is powered by a 15 HP single cylinder engine with a speed of 2300 RPM.
- Fuel Capacity: It has a 19L fuel tank capacity.
- Weight and Carrying Capacity: The total weight of the tractor is 850 kg. Its lifting capacity is 780 kg with an overall length and width of 2435 mm and 1210 mm, respectively.
- Agricultural Implementation: This tractor is used in various crops, be it groundnut, castor, or grapes; its applications include rotavator, cultivator, sprinkler, haulage, threshing, reaper, etc.
In case you missed it: Exotic Vegetable Farming in India: Check How this Growing Guide Helps Beginners
Swaraj 724 XM Orchard
One of India’s best mini tractors starting at Rs 3.95 lakh, the Swaraj 724 XM Orchard has a compact and sleek design, making it ideal for every farming operation.
- Engine Type: The tractor’s engine comes 25 to 30 HP power range. It consists of 2 engine cylinders producing 1800 RPM engine speed.
- Fuel Capacity: This model comes with a 60L fuel tank.
- Weight and Carrying Capacity: The weight of the tractor is 1430 kg and has a carrying capacity of 100 kg. Their length and width are 2850 mm and 1320 mm, respectively.
- Agricultural Implementation: Farmers prefer this tractor during intercropping and horticulture farm operations.
Sonalika mini tractors also produce maximum torque that allows for uniform and deep ploughing. Such small tractors have hydraulic lifts ranging from 650 to 1000 kg. With various high-end features and specifications, the Sonalika Mini Tractor price varies from one model to another. Sonalika offers a premium range of compact tractors ideal for vineyards’ grape cultivation. The mini tractor is suitable for various applications such as rotavator, harrow, sprayer, plowing, and trolley.
It also makes them suitable for crops like sugarcane, groundnut, cotton, grapes, and pomegranate. Sonalika tractors offer excellent performance and thereby maximize agricultural production and income. With the typical length of any garden tractor, the new Sonalika GT 26 Rx mini tractor is easy to operate and quick to control, even in tight spaces. Yet the small, powerful compact Sonalika Mini Tractor 26 HP can handle a wide range of garden and yard activities such as mulching, weeding, agriculture, and every type of municipal application.
The Sonalika GT 26 Rx mini tractor has a powerful three-cylinder engine that produces 2700 engine-rated RPM. Its main options are the sliding mesh transmission, oil-immersed brakes, and steering mechanism. Sonalika mini tractor price is purely acceptable for Indian farmers. Sonalika GT26Rx price is approximately 4.40-4.60 Lakhs.
12. Mahindra JIVO 225 DI
Mahindra JIVO 225 DI is a flagship mini tractor of Mahindra Tractors. Over the years, Mahindra has built its market presence in India through exceptional products in commercial vehicles and tractors. Mahindra is known for its best-priced tractors and after-sales support. Since its inception, Mahindra’s mission has been to produce affordable and high-quality tractors for the Indian market.
It is one of the best-selling tractor models in the segment. Mahindra JIVO 225 DI is priced at Rs. 4.15 to Rs 4.35 Lakh Most farmers buy it as one of the money tractors. This tractor is the best for agriculture due to its universal attachment capabilities. It helps connect various implements like rotavator, cultivator, trailer, seed drill, etc.
Sonalika GT20 is one of the most popular mini tractor offerings from the Sonalika Tractor brand. Sonalika GT 20 is the 20 HP mini tractor from the Sonalika India lineup. This tractor is known for its fuel efficiency and engine reliability. Also, low service costs and a wide range of service centers make this brand a favorite among farmers. It is equipped with various advanced features that help increase productivity in the fields.
Sonalika GT20 can be used with various attachments for agricultural purposes like tillage, leveling, sowing, puddling, hauling, and harvesting. This utility-oriented tractor is also popular in the commercial use industry. The Sonalika GT is available from Rs. 3.25 to Rs 3.60 Lakh Sonalika GT 20 is the best tractor for agriculture and commercial use.
Sonalika DI 30 Baagban Super
Sonalika Tractors manufactures a popular mini tractor range in India. Sonalika DI 30 Baagban Super has a compact body and narrow track width. This mini tractor is designed to perform light fieldwork. If you are thinking of buying this animal, insure it with the right tractor insurance policy. It will protect your vehicle financially from many unforeseen events.
- Engine Type- 30 HP tractor with two cylinders
- Engine Capacity- Generating 1800 engine-rated RPM
- Fuel Capacity- 29 Liters
- Lifting Capacity- 1336 KG
- Agricultural Activities – Used for Rotavator, plowing, cultivating, and hauling.
Tractors have been an important part of a farmer’s life since the dawn of civilization, as the entire farming process depends on them. A tractor is a vehicle designed to provide high traction or power at low speeds for various uses, such as hauling trailers or other agricultural or construction machinery. Tractors have helped the farmers to complete their work. A tractor is a farm machine that can be used as a scraper, digger, or bulldozer. The mini tractor is ideal for intercropping, mowing, ploughing, digging, and pulling in small land areas and orchards.
- Bahar Treatment in Pomegranate for High Quality and Yields: A Step-by-Step Guide to Implementation
- Mobile Veterinary Units in India: Implementation in States
- Moringa as Feed for Livestock: Moringa Fodder Crop Yield Per Acre
- National Beekeeping and Honey Mission (NBHM): Features, Schemes, and Benefits
- Management of Cutworms in Chilli: Prevention and Control With Organic, Chemical, Cultural Practices
- Best Fertilizer for Tinda: Organic, Natural, Homemade, NPK Ratio, When and How to Apply
- Whitefly Management in Cotton Crop: Symptoms, Control, and Best Insecticides for Cotton
- Best Fertilizer for Terrace Plants: Covering Vegetables, Fruits, Flowers, and Herbs
- 12 Best Compost Bins for Home in India with Price: Cheap for Indoors, Outdoors, and Kitchens
- Grapes Training Systems and Methods: A Comparative Analysis
- Best Fertilizer Jamun Tree: Organic, Natural, Homemade, Npk Ratio, When and How to Apply
- Polyhalite Fertilizers and their Role in Organic Farming
- How to Identify Fake Seeds: Key Differences Between Real and Counterfeit Seeds
- Best Fertilizer for Indian Gooseberry/Amla: Organic, Homemade, NPK Ratio, When and How to Apply
- Best Fertilizer for Bitter Gourd: Organic, Natural, Homemade, NPK Ratio, When and How to Apply
- Bangalore Method of Composting: Preparation Method, Benefits, and Disadvantages
- How to Check PM Kisan Status: Beneficiary Verification With Aadhaar Number and Mobile
- 15 Best Chaff Cutter Machines in India: For Dry, Green Fodder Cutting, and Price List Included
- Bermuda Grass Fertilizer Schedule: When and How to Apply in Winter, Summer, and Spring
- 20 Best Plants to Grow Under Oak Trees: Compatible Plants Under and Around Oaks
- Benefits of DAP Fertilizer: Price, Composition, How and When to Apply
- Profitable Thai Guava Farming in India: Yield, Profit Per Acre, Plant Price, 1 Acre Cost of Cultivation
- Top 19 Water Harvesting Techniques: What is Water Harvesting and Benefits of It
- Best 20 Lemon Varieties: Sweet, Large, and Rare High Yield Cultivars
- Top 15 Agro Based Industries in India: Best List for Agri Entrepreneurs
- Career Opportunities in Agribusiness Management: Top 10 Jobs After Agribusiness Management
- Top 20 Pumpkin Varieties to Grow in Your Garden: Best List of Pumpkin Varieties for High Profits
- How to Grow Cordyceps Mushrooms: Profitable Cultivation Practices and Cordyceps Mushroom Price
- Top 20 Lettuce Varieties to Grow in Your Garden: Best List for Backyard for Fall and Winter
- Top 20 Grape Varieties to Grow in India: List of Grape Varieties to Grow for High Profits
- Best Fruit Nurseries in Tamil Nadu: Top List of Saplings Supplier for High Yield and Profits
- Top 20 Apple Varieties in India: List of Apple Varieties to Grow for High Profits
- Advantages of Vegetative Propagation and Disadvantages of Vegetative Propagation: Examples
- Best Fruit Plant Nurseries in Maharastra: Sapling Suppliers of Hybrid and High-Yield Fruit
- 6 Best Grafted Fruit Plant Nurseries in Karnataka: Sapling Suppliers of Hybrid and High Yield Fruit
- Grape Vine Pruning, Defoliation, and Thinning for Great Yield